LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

<The Genesis Genealogies, the Comic Book> An Interview with Pilgrim
 글쓴이 : 관리자

“A book that will make this country into a kingdom of priests and a holy nation”

<The Genesis Genealogies, the Comic Book> An Interview with Pilgrim

“If I had to live on a deserted island for the rest of my life and could only take two books with me, I would take the Bible and the History of Redemption series by Rev. Abraham Park.”

During the 2016 Pyungkang Cheil Church Summer Retreat at Yeoju, a special book launching service was held for “The Genesis Genealogies, the Comic Book”. The representative writer, Pilgrim, of God Toons Books Publishing, recalled, “I have read the Bible many times as a Christian cartoonist but I was surprised to see the genealogies analyzed in such detail. Reading the books led me to a new discovery and allowed me to straighten up my knowledge on the history of redemption.” The pen name, “Pilgrim”, is a combination of the word “pil” (from the Korean word “yeonpil meaning “pencil”) and “grim” (meaning “drawing”). It is also a name of the main character in “The Pilgrim’s Progress” written by John Bunyan.

Pilgrim is an influential cartoonist representative in the Christian world, and has published comic versions of various well-known theological books. It has been 20 years since his debut. He has recently been planning to write a book on God’s redemptive history of mankind when he was introduced to The History of Redemption series by a theology professor he admired. After reading the series, he felt that these books were far too great to ignore and began the process of publishing these books as cartoons. He confessed that he felt as if his 20 years in the industry was meant as training to handle this job.

Pilgrim had never heard about Pyungkang Cheil Church or the writer Rev. Abraham Park before reading the series. He was amazed after reading The Genesis Genealogies and he now shares the Biblical stories in The History of Redemption series with his two sons, as well as preparing the cartoon installment for the second book, The Forgotten Encounter. He confessed, “Through The Forgotten Encounter, I gained confidence that the God of Jacob will become my God. I was healed when I read that God would eventually allow victory and accomplish His covenant after bitter times.”

He added, “The History of Redemption series, which are each filled with the Word of God and not of man, are an absolute necessity to correct the identity of man created in God’s own image.” He confidently proclaimed, “The History of Redemption series will make this country into a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.” He emphasized on having a great sense of calling to draw the cartoons for The History of Redemption series, which he feels will provide a strong weapon for the churches of Korea and of the world that are currently not taking action against sin.

He plans to publish a complete 60-book cartoon series based on the eventual twelve books in The History of Redemption series. His first goal is to finish the second book, The Forgotten Encounter, by December 17th of this year, upon which he then plans to finish the cartoon installment of one original book every 6 months.

Pilgrim also praised the Contemporary History of Korea series by Rev. Abraham Park, and has revealed that when he finishes his work with The History of Redemption cartoon books, he will start working on the Contemporary History of Korea series.

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…