LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

Milton’s 'Paradise Lost' : Tomorrow, paradise will be lost.
 글쓴이 : 관리자

Of all things that could be lost, how could it be heaven that was lost?
Look here, Adam and Eve. Why did you eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, causing this great suffering in all mankind?
The author of Paradise Lost, Milton speaks based on Genesis chapter 3.
They ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil because they saw that the tree was good for food, a delight to the eyes and desirable to make one wise.
It is for the same reason that we are tempted by this world.
Like the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the world is wonderfully slick and sweet.
The English poet and philosopher, Milton (1608~1682) began writing Lost Paradise at the age of 50.
By then, he had completely lost his sight and his second wife had passed away.
It was during this period of physical and mental darkness that Milton saw: We are losing heaven every moment we reach out to the worldly tempta-tion.
The original sin is not a problem only for Adam and Eve.
This is why we must also pray for the original sin.
Original sin did not end with the deeds of Adam and Eve.
The protagonist in Paradise Lost is not a certain individual or hero, but humanity itself.
Its stage also is not confined to a certain part of the world, but the universe itself.
The ninth book of Paradise Lost presents an in-triguing depiction for this.
The moment Eve reached out to the fruit and ate it, the entire universe suffered a wound and groaned.
What kind of place is the universe?
Is it not the space, for which, even if all the geniuses of the world were to collaborate, they would repeat-edly yield a single conclusion?it is infinite? Then, how was this universe wounded simply be-cause this woman?whose existence is lesser than a speck in this universe?ate from the tree of knowl-edge of good and evil!
Does that mean the entire universe suffered a wound and groaned each time I was tempted by the world?
Just how many times have I lost heaven, and how many times have I made the entire universe weep!
How could I not think about losing heaven, when my heart would drop on losing a mere a cell phone?
Such desensitization to sin has come to this.
God recovered paradise?that has been lost tens of thousands of times?every single time.
Yet, I knew neither that it had been lost nor that it had been returned into my arms.
But, I feel this fear as I close the book Paradise Lost.
At this rate, everything could come to an end with-out regaining paradise.
The 11th and 12th books?the last books in Para-dise Lost?portray the human history after the fall and the prophecy of God’s salvation.
Every moment, we are at the brink of losing para-dise.
Conversely, this means that every moment is the chance to regain paradise.
Heaven is today; it is right this moment.
The moment we think to ourselves, “Starting to-morrow,” we are losing today’s heaven.
The time to turn back from worldly temptations and stand in the center of the Word is?every time?right now.
Let us not forget the fact: tomorrow, we could lose heaven.

By Reporter Lee Ji-hye

Editor’s Note
After reading Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained, one cannot but have a deep admiration for Milton’s depth of understanding the Bible. One can only come to realize that there were truly many great minds across all times and places, who loved and understood the depth of the Bible.
These are the masterpieces worthy to be read by the Pyungkang saints who have unparalleled love and understanding of the Bible. Senior Pastor has also recently commented on Milton’s Paradise Lost.

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…