LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

Thank you for teaching us the value of history
 글쓴이 : 관리자

Thank you for teaching us the
value of history

The Korean Modern and Contemporary History series was ranked as another masterpiece

The Korean Modern and Contemporary History series became another masterpiece following the History of Redemption series. These days, phone calls are pouring into Hui Sun Publishing Company to give thanks to the author of the Korean Modern and Contemporary History series, after being inspired from reading it. Among the callers were especially many soldiers such as officers, non-commissioned officers, and junior enlisted soldiers. After two to three months the books were disseminated throughout the military installations, many earnest responses from the readers began to pour in. Firstly, many military personnel in leadership roles expressed their delight in the books. They all agreed, “There can be no better book for junior enlisted soldier’s education.” They also said, “Soldiers just can’t take their eyes off the books once they start reading it.” Countless thank-you letters and book reports have poured into the publishing company. One of the letters expressed sincere thankfulness by saying, “I am so thankful that this series awakened me to all of the previously unknown historical facts as well as to the importance of the history.” Significant number of people asked for the author’s cell phone number, but they would soon encounter a disappointing reply: “He doesn’t have one.”
Even the headquarters of the Defense Security Command called the publisher. They were already aware of the books’ popularity throughout the military installations. They asked for seminars on the books. A lecture at “Stars Society,” a circle of retired military generals is already in schedule.
The responses from religious leaders are also exceptional. They called to demand “What is taking so long for the 7th book of the History of Redemption series to be published?” and are surprised to hear, the History of Redemption series is being on hold due to the publication of the Korean Modern and Contemporary History series. Some become puzzled at first saying, “The pastor writes such books, too?” but, in no time, shows enthusiasm toward the books, simply because it was written by the same author who wrote the History of Redemption series. Some expressed, “Since he wrote them for our country, I would like to use them for my sermon.” Some even said, “No matter what they are about, send me all books published by Hui Sun Publishing Company.”
Experts find the true value of the books in its ability to deeply move its readers even while providing the chronological list of the simple historical facts.
One of the famous reservist instructors who specialized in national security appraised the books that “They are exceptionally well-structured to immerse the readers in each topic.” As for its physical attribute, bigger fonts in the enlarged book (despite the increase in cost) in order received many accolades. Also, separating the series into four books to help readers feel less bored contributed to its popularity.
Until now, 54 impressions have been printed. Since an impression yields about 2,000 sets (book one through four), that makes a total of 43,000 copies of books printed already.
It has been only about three months since the books have been distributed and known to people in a wide-scale. This is the reason for much anticipation for the excitement the Korean Modern and Contemporary History series will bring in next.
True Peace Editing Team

After reading the Modern History of Korea series

These are synopses of book reports and letters of appreciation sent into Huisun Publishing by soldiers. Respective military bases have not been identified.

Private First Class, Chang Min-Hyun
“I’ll take it as a time killer as I already know about them,” was my initial thought as I started to turn the pages. However, as I read the book more and more, I found myself drawn into it, slapping my lap out of regret or making fists out of frustration. When I finally finished the fourth book, I couldn’t feel more distressed. “Was the title of the book ‘Chaos and Crisis of Korea’?” “What is the main message of this book for me?” “What am I to do now?” Such questions confused me. The conclusion after my confusion was that Korea should be more awake, with everyone in the nation having a strong sense of our history. Recent incidents such as the Cheonan ship sinking and the explosion and bombardment of Yeonpyeong Island, makes the catch phrase of my division “Let us stab guns and swords into the hearts of the North Korean soldiers” not an exaggeration at all. Rather, it seems light considering the kind of sins that were committed against Korea. In case they attack us again, we must have a strong determination to fight against them, to the degree of risking our lives.

First Lieutenant, Han Tae-Wook
I was able to learn the stories behind the establishment of Korean government which I did not realize before. There were so many things that I didn’t know about the April 3rd Jeju Riot and the Yeosu Suncheon Riot. I knew about these events to a certain degree, because I was born in Yeosu and grew up in Suncheon until I finished high school. Yet, I confess that I didn’t even have general knowledge on the October 1st Daegu Riot or the April 3rd Jeju Riot.
When I questioned my colleagues, more than half of them did not know when the Korea-Japan Annexation took place. Furthermore, when I changed the word to “Kyung-Sul-Guk-Chi (footnote by a translator: meaning “national shame occurred in the year of Kyung-Sul”),” a more unfamiliar word, and asked again, only one or two were able to answer the question.
Some soldiers didn’t even know when our country became independent. More astonishing, were of those who didn’t even know the exact dates of Korea’s Independence Day or Constitution Day, which we observe as national holidays. Fortunately, I have been able to learn in more detail and have a clearer understanding of our history through the opportunity of reading these books.
My role as a leader is to inform my soldiers about all the facts and true identity of the pro-North Korean ideologies.

Staff Sergeant, Jung Da-Hye (Female soldier)
I’ve never bought or read history books, as I get bored just by hearing the titles. When I was given the Korean Modern and Contemporary History series, my initial thought was “It’ll be my hot pot stand”. I chose to start reading from the fourth book and it made me feel the misery of war (just as the title suggests) and the horrible pain and agony it must have caused people at the time.
It was as if I was looking into deeply cut wounds; and it was. Had I not read these books, I would not have been able to look back at our nation’s forgotten history. I will teach my children the correct Korean history and our painful past, and that it is because of the Great Patriots that they could be Korean citizens. Therefore, we should keep the love for our nation throughout our lives.

Battalion Commander
Reading the Korean history books raised my blood pressure! Once I had started reading it, I couldn’t stop. We should promote and advertise these books to as many people possible to allow them to feel the spirit of the Korean people and for them to feel concern over the future of their country.
I felt like crying as I was reading the part on our patriotic martyr Yu Gwan-Sun. It hurt my heart to read that she had bloody pus discharging from her wound for a year and a half caused by the stab of a spear.
I felt a shudder as I was singing the song “Garden balsam under the fence” All the commanders and leaders in my division shall deliver the grief of our modern history and by no means keep our division mentally armed and prepared to fulfill our duties as soldiers of this Great Nation.

Major, Chung Bong-Soo
I thank Rev. Abraham Park for writing such great books for us to read. I will do my best to spread the correct knowledge I have gained from these books to all people I know and help building our Korea into an eternally strong nation.

Sergeant First Class, Kim Do-Kyun
Firstly, I feel so fortunate and grateful that I could read these books. As I turned from the very first page till the last one, my heart became filled with anger and sorrow. I have never felt so much pain and sadness while reading a book. The most powerful strength to protect our nation is a strong awareness of national security, not state-of-the-art weaponry.

Sergeant First Class, Kim Chang-Young
All four books were inspiring, but Yeosu & Suncheon part was particularly unforgettable for me. It is because that is where I was born and grew up. I have heard some things about the event from my grandfather. When he said, “I was in some mountain area of Suncheon to capture North Korean partisans with a M1-rifle. . .” it sounded all foreign to me. Only after reading this book, I realized why my grandfather had been so upset. I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Rev. Abraham Park for helping me see and establish the correct view on our nation and enemy.

First Lieutenant, Cho Hyun-Seok
My history teacher was a member of the Korean Teachers & Educational Workers’ Union (KTU). I think I was mostly taught with negative aspects of our country. This book is valuable, because it helps us to correct misled views on our history, by providing fact-based historical records.

Corporal, Han Joo-Hyun
I have no doubt that if all our people read these books and gain correct view on our enemy, pay more attention to our history, and gain higher sense of security, we will grow to be an even more powerful nation and not be carried away by pro-North Korean forces.

Private Second Class, Han Jong-Hoon
It was a great opportunity to reflect on myself, as there were many things in the book that I didn’t know before even if I majored in history. I am grateful for those who gave me chances to awake myself.

Lieutenant Major, Kim Seung-Kwon
Until now, I had a biased view in Korean history based on my knowledge through history books, press, and words of others. However, the Korean Modern and Contemporary History series written by Rev. Abraham Park made me realize many things. Without our nation, there will be no army, and the terms such as social justice, freedom, democracy, peace, welfare, or basic human rights won’t exist. We should protect the spirit of liberal democracy that has been cherished until now. We also need to know our history correctly and put all our efforts in educating our soldiers.

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…