LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

The Joy of receiving resurrection
 글쓴이 : 관리자

Withered branches of forsythias which seemed to be dead start to bloom and magnolias with small leaves begin to blossom their big petals in a competing fashion. With the last cold snap, spring finally comes and frogs start to appear. The reason why spring means even more is because it is when Jesus overcame death and resurrected to give us a hope of new life. In this time of the year when all creations are joyfully receiving the resurrection, we met with Myung-Hee Kim and Isaac Lee, who have started new lives with joy and gratitude.

The joy of being able to walk in the garden of God
Deaconess Kim Myung-Hee (23rd parish district)

I was diagnosed with cancer on August 4th of last year. Because many hardships occurred to me at the same time, I was weary in my body and mind. I casually thought it might just be a light illness, but at a general hospital I was told I had cancer. As they said that I had to undergo chemotherapy even after surgery, I decided, with faith, not to go through the operation. Then I started the chemotherapy. As I was becoming weaker, it was almost impossible for me to lead a normal life. It was hard for me to go to church to observe the Lord’s Day, and I could not handle my duty as a district leader.
While staying home, I thought of the past. I came to realize that I became a cell group leader in my thirties only to follow the examples of my seniors, not with my own sense of mission. And when I was busy, I gave excuses to give up the duties. Although I gratefully took back the duty as district leader, it became hard for me to fully take responsibility as things in my personal life were not working out well. I had put down the duty again when I was diagnosed with cancer.
When I was at home, I terribly missed each and every flower and tree on the way to the Moriah Sanctuary, and realized that the church was the garden of God. Although I was physically at home, my spirit was in the church. As my treatment went on, I lost the strength to praise and could not even listen to the taped recordings of the Word of God. However, Deaconess Lee Seung-Young , Kim Ju-Hyun , and Baek Mi-Jung from our district recorded the worship services using their smartphones and sent me the files of the sermons. They came over to my place to explain the important messages. I was very grateful for them. Before, I did not know how important it was to receive the Word at the right time, but now I realize what it is to acknowledge the time as I receive the Word God gives to us.
By the grace of God, my body has recovered greatly and was able to attend the Lord’s Day service since the first week of March. As I prepare myself from the night before the Lord’s Day, and walk the path in the church on every Sunday morning, I get to recall the Word I had received before and I feel grateful as I come to realize that church life is like life in heaven. The hard days of fighting cancer were not meaningless at all. I am now overwhelmed that I can attend the service on the Resurrection Day, and I pray for the good health of my family and that they can also find enlightenment in the Word.

The joy of hearing the Word of life
Lee Isaac (Chugye University for the Arts, Junior)

In May 2010, after finishing my 2nd year of college, I joined the Army Symphony Orchestra, which was part of the Army Music Division under the National Defense Ministry. I had no hopes of becoming an army musician since I majored in violin. However, from a year before my entry, the army started recruiting string instrument majors. I was so thankful that I could play the instrument not only in the States but also all around Korea. Before joining the army, I served as a violin instructor in the Samuel Strings and as the piano player at dawn prayer services. Nevertheless, only after joining the army, have I realized that although I had handled many duties, I paid less attention to the Word. I did not have enough power of the Word to overcome the obstacles in my army life. I felt as though I went to church only to work.
In the army, there was nothing I could do with my own will. Once, I was so sick that I lost 20kg in a month. So I clung onto the Word. I read the History of Redemption Series mom sent me over and over again. Then I realized that the reason I lagged behind spiritually despite all the services at the church is that I lacked the Word and gratitude. Worship services not based on the Word can only make you boast of yourself. However, if you work based on the Word, you put the Word in higher priority than anything else and automatically become more grateful.
I have completed the military service in early March, and now play the violin in the orchestra at the third service on the Lord’s Day. Every Sunday morning, I start with Bible studies and then go to worship. I study the Bible with fear, thinking “How grateful am I to hear the Word directly.” I also think that I had not opened door for the Word to enter while the Word had been knocking on my doors all the while.
Without the Word, we cannot see ahead. It is as though we have our eyes opened but are blind. I learned that the most important thing is to learn where we are through the Word and to work based on the Word. There is life in the Word, and I feel as though I am newly resurrected when this vital Word enters me.

In the beginning, there was the Word and Jesus who was the Word became flesh. Jesus gave the Word of life to us and died on the cross to remove our sins. Who could ever sacrifice oneself or kill one’s own son for the sake of others? With this single fact we must be deeply moved. The joy of the resurrection is granted only to those who are grateful for it.

reported by True Peace staff reporters

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…