LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

The Word that all the ministers of the world yearned for is all here
 글쓴이 : 관리자

The Word that all the ministers of
the world yearned for is all here

The 2012 Biblical History of Redemption Academy for pastors nationwide is being held in great success.

Pastor Shin Won-Joong (Grateful Church)
Mrs. Lim In-Bun, a deaconess from Pyungkang Cheil Church, had previously invited me several times to attend this academy. She told me of how her pastor and her church congregation prayed for her when she was diagnosed with cancer and also a lot about the history of redemption. So when she said the seminar was about the redemptive history, it sounded very intriguing, and I decided to come.

From the first lesson, I was all ears.
My attention was undivided from the very first lecture of the first academy. I had gone to many conferences, revivals, and Bible classes to hear the Word. Although most of them had a good start, they seemed to be missing the core message. It was definitely different here. It felt as though the Word was being formulated in my head. Even in today’s lecture, I heard for the first time that the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil actually had a look of good on the outside but was actually evil and that passing the test was necessary in order to eat the fruit of life. I had many questions answered through this academy. It is hard to describe in words. It certainly was shocking. I cannot believe that I have been ministering with such ignorance in the Bible. I thought I was living according to the Bible, but through this academy I learned that I have done it only superficially. It was an opportunity to reflect on myself and humble myself. Through this academy, I have again gained strength to give powerful sermons.
I have gained courage to preach the Word and strength to overcome fear. My determination to live by the Bible was revived, and my faith and passion have recovered to how they used to be before joining the seminary.
Before I met Jesus, I followed money and people although I bore the image of a pastor; but now, I feel as though I have met the real Jesus Christ through the Word, which is water that will never make me thirst again. I knew only in my head why the Samaritan woman said, ‘come and see’ to the people after meeting Jesus, but I did not know in my heart. But now I am approaching the Word as a real life. I fear nothing after meeting true Jesus, and I am very grateful to have met Jesus who walks in the Word and who is the water of life through the history of redemption.

The power of the history of redemption realized through copying down “The Genesis Genealogies”
Nowadays, I am preaching in a form of Bible study based on what I studied during the academy. I have started to transcribe The Genesis Genealogies into my notebook, and when I preach by summarizing these notes, the congregation and I are both learning so much. These days I am especially blessed and grateful in the fact that the genealogy of Adam continues to the genealogy of Seth, and a person like me is also chosen to succeed the lineage of Seth. I am deeply moved and so eager to spread the Word. It is not so easy, but I just them write down in my notes, contemplate on those notes and then preach. Up to this point, I have read all six books in the History of Redemption series twice. I have read the first book about five times. But learning about the books through the lectures is much different from reading them on my own. The level of understanding is much greater through
the lectures. The lecturers teach the Word that they have learned by the grace of God with assurance and courage, effectively delivering the powerful Word. Such power of the History of Redemption series must be from Rev. Park who has not added or subtracted one jot or tittle of the Word and lived following the example of Jesus.

The Word which all the ministers around the world wanted to hear is all here
Rev. Park would visit the lectures from time to time and watch us from the back of the class. I felt the presence of the fragrance of Jesus Christ from him. He seemed so humble in his artless jacket, drinking tea with snacks. He even gave us each a watch as a gift and shared with us his testimony. When I heard his testimony, although incomparable to Jesus, I felt he has lived a very hard life as he tried to follow only the Word. Realizing the preciousness of his will to preach the Word, I again made a resolution to focus on the Word solely, especially in these last days of the world.
Whenever I come here, I have this feeling that the church has prepared to receive visitors knowing that poor ministers were coming. Such consideration has led me to think that I have come not by human thoughts but by the guidance of the Holy Spirit. This seems to me like a procedure of selecting God’s people in the last days of the world.
Ever since the History of Redemption series began to infuse my heart with the salvation of Jesus that had been locked up in my head, I have had the desire to spread the History of Redemption series books with others. The Word is certain and I believe there will no longer be any misunderstandings with this teaching. The Word and the solutions which all the pastors around the world have yearned for are all in here. Spreading the Word will eventually resolve all misunderstandings. I think it will not take long before it happens.

Thirst for the Word, quenched by the History of Redemption
Pastor Chun Sang-Soon (Kyung Sung Church)

From two years ago, Elderess Chang Joon-Soon from Pyungkang Cheil Church has been buying me lunch two to three times per week and invited me to the seminar. I could not accept her offer at first. When I finally came to the church simply because I wanted thank her for her efforts, I thought to myself, ‘why would anyone want to be tied up by the Law and memorize the genealogies of another country while one can’t even memorize that of one’s own?’ However, I was overwhelmed with excitement from the very first lecture at the academy. It wasn’t the level I had expected.

Why would anyone want to be tied up by the Law and memorize the genealogies of another country?
In the beginning, I wondered why it is so important to know that Adam lived 56 years with his 9th descendant Lamech and died at the age of 930, and to memorize the genealogies. But now I understand why we have to memorize the genealogies and how important the chronologies are. I need to preach this to my congregation, but it is not so easy. I understand them in my mind but I have no idea how to teach them systematically. So, I have decided to request for tutoring after the lectures and also to repeatedly take the newly offered “Genesis Genealogies” classes. Having realized my ignorance, I feel the need to teach my congregation with all my efforts.
Until now, I had a great thirst for the Word. I went everywhere to find the Word. I was stuck on Genesis when I was in my senior year at the seminary. I think I could have not graduated if I had been stuck during a sophomore or a junior year. I asked the professors about my enquiries on Genesis but they found no significance in such questions, so my problems have remained unsolved ever since.
Among my enquiry was the construction period of Noah’s Ark. I was certain that the construction period is not 120 years but I had no way to prove it. All the commentaries I looked up said the period was 120 years. Moreover, people tend to skim through the part about Adam and the Garden of Eden, but I always had so many questions. However, all these questions were solved from the first day of the Redemptive History Academy.

With confidence and certainty in the Word, both the minister and the congregation are changing
Now I have gained confidence and certainty in the Word. I am studying how I can preach based on the Word. I had several chances to meet Reverend Park, and I asked to be imposed by his hand. He would then press my head with his hand in silence, and at that time, I sincerely hoped for even a bit of his knowledge to be transferred unto me.
The redemptive history studies opened a whole new world of the Word for me. These days, I get feedbacks from my congregation that my sermons have changed and they are powerful. My congregation is blessed by the Word and seems revived and more confident in faith.
I used to read faces of my congregation when giving sermons and wanted to get feedbacks after the sermons. Now, I no longer ask people but ask God only and get examined by Him. I always ask God how I can introduce God correctly to people. I am pleased that I can be examined and very happy because I feel as though I am receiving His compliment.

Only if I had not foolishly wasted my time two years ago
Reverend Park had once told me a short story of his life. I was born into a family of three generations serving as ministers, but I had been trying to avoid becoming a minster for 30 years. I have been put to test so many times that I had once thought there would be no one who lived a harder life than I did. However, after hearing his testimonies, I felt ashamed. I was afflicted because I disobeyed, but he was afflicted because he wanted to obey.
I am very proud that we have such precious minster in our generation. We are blessed. I live in Bucheon, which is very near this church, and I am so grateful that I have finally found out that this great pastor is very near me.
Nevertheless, I still have regrets as to not having accepted the Word two years ago. I had actually come to the church’s Monday regional leader studies but slept through them. I had also attended Thursday service once at the church and again had dozed off. I received the 4th book of the Redemptive History series and had never looked at it. After attending the Redemptive History lectures, I have regretted greatly thinking, ‘only if I had not wasted time...’ However, I am very grateful that at least now I know the true value of the Word, and that God has called me with love to have me understand the Word. In return, I will testify God by studying until I can fully handle the mission.

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…