LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

The Night Rain at Mount Sungwha
 글쓴이 : 관리자

1980 August Issue

“Sow with a view to righteousness, reap in accordance with kindness;
Break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the LORD until He comes to rain righteousness on you.” (Hos10:12)

“When the dew fell on the camp at night, the manna would fall with it” (Num 11:9).
Greetings to fellow believers, the seeds of the Word!
I pray in the name of the Lord that you are all well in the clearness of the sky and the fertile blessings of the land. Are you vivacious in the midst of the rambunctiousness of the water and the fire, and the cries of the wind?
I prayed that the message prophesied by the prophet Isaiah 700 years prior would fall upon this nation, which is my country and my nation upon which the light has begun to shine through the darkness.
‘‘Comfort, O comfort My people,’ says your God. ‘Speak kindly to Jerusalem; and call out to her, that her warfare has ended, that her iniquity has been removed, that she has received of the LORD’S hand double for all her sins.’ A voice is calling, ‘Clear the way for the LORD in the wilderness; make smooth in the desert a highway for our God. Let every valley be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; and let the rough ground become a plain, and the rugged terrain a broad valley; then the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all flesh will see it together; for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.’ A voice says, ‘Call out.’ Then he answered, ‘What shall I call out?’ All flesh is grass, and all its loveliness is like the flower of the field. The grass withers, the flower fades, when the breath of the LORD blows upon it; surely the people are grass. The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever” (Isa 40:1-8).
When it was possible to speak to the people, he did. When he could explain and teach, he did. He rebuked them when he could. When words were not enough, he performed various miracles. When all these were not enough to help them believe, John the Baptist said to the multitude who came to be baptized, “You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Therefore bear fruits in keeping with repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham for our father,’ for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham. Indeed the axe is already laid at the root of the trees; so every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire” (Luke 3:7-9).
In Matthew 12:39-42, He says, “An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet” and thereby chooses the way of the cross. This was because there was no other way to free the souls of the people from the teeth and claws of the evil spirit. If that is the case, then is this age any different from the age that killed Jesus and the age that made the prophet Jonah choose the path of death? Please read John 1:29 and 36?“Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” I pray that you may behold and believe. This is a time of faith in which we believe in the last strand of light. I have to believe so that I can be a human being. Not believing in the light that is in man is not believing in Jesus, and not believing in Jesus is not believing in God.
The heart understands the heart and the spirit understands the spirit. Losing one’s good nature in this world is not simply due to greed or misjudgment, but the evil spirit of sin that is at work. We must be aware of this fact and destroy the evil with the iron rod of the Word. People who fabricate societal corruption are more pitiful than a school of rancid fish being sold by venders in narrow streets. These people are truly historical victims.
Believers, who are the seeds of the Word, may have things of the world taken away from them, but they can live victorious lives in happiness and hope when their hearts are full of the light of heaven. Yet a soul who loses himself in darkness, loses his soul and becomes a slave to the evil spirit. Thus, they are the most wretched victims.

I am writing this on Mount Sungwha on this day of August 22, 1980. I call upon the names of the believers of the Word as I gaze upon the red and green ripened apples and the golden waves of rice plants. This is a time when the tender consciences are moved and tears of praises are shed as the mountain breeze brush against their cheeks as they tremble in fiery hardship after determining what is true and false. When the result of the work is revealed, this is a time when both the leader and the follower must forget about boasting of his or her efforts and together give thanks and rejoice in the inspiration of the new creation.

Did we not experience a continuous whirlpool of turbulence in the midst of fearful dark clouds after President Park was assassinated on October 26, 1979? When this country and its people were being swept away by the great red flood, young soldiers sacrificed themselves and saved this nation and its people through patriotic love and determined dedication for the nation! We are left with only tears of thanksgiving before God’s grace. All that I can do is to lift up my arms and say, “God, thank you!”
This is a time when the heinous deed of an insect, busy gnawing away, comes to an end with one strike of frost, and its dead body falls to the ground as fertilizer for the tree, thereby receiving forgiveness for its sin and at the same time partaking in a good deed.
Is this a time when hazy clouds are lifted and the moonlight is exceptionally bright so that the thick-faced power mongers, who add reason to the results of other people’s hard work and steal, rob and intimidate, are given another chance to use the blatant call for pacifism for their own evil opportunity so that the sounds of their footsteps are immersed in their own shadows? No, this is a time when new wine must be placed in new wineskins (Matt 9:17).
Believers of the Word! Everyone, lift up your fallen heads and look up at the blue sky. Just like the martyrs, receive the days that readily graze upon your neck and say, “This is so great.” Death becomes eternal life, and affection becomes eternal punishment. A well-ripened fruit taught Newton an eternally unchanging truth, and the chestnuts hanging onto a tree for three years became a sign of precaution for the ages passing by.

Believers, seeds of the Word! Do you have the actual seed? Are you ripened? Have you prepared the oil? Do you know the significance of the oil crisis that turned the world upside down? Do not become like the foolish virgins holding the empty lamp in the one-and-only wedding feast (Matt 25:1-13).
The night has come. It is deep into the night. I am writing this on Mount Sungwha where the bitter cold winds blow. The groom comes like a thief. He says, “My time is not yet here, but your time is always opportune.” Do not sleep, but stay awake and prepare (John 7:6). Squeeze your marrow and fill your empty hearts with that oil (Matt 25:4; Rom 13:11-14). This is a time to have a strong resolution of faith.
Look at today. Today, we can rebuke, but emotions will cause your strands of hair to stand. We can punish, but rather than thinking about the nation, they think of revenge. All their affairs will be brightly revealed before they are buried. This cannot become a great event. The country is something big. Thus, politicians have to be people with big hearts.
A new age is dawning upon the seeds of the Word who have only been treated as stepchildren. "But let us be faithful to the work that has been entrusted to us so that this world doesn’t become like a thickening whip and a tightening rope" (1 Cor 4:2).
We are children of the green tree. Send us politicians who can shake the heavens and the earth, who understand the children’s hearts, and who know how to listen to what the children say. Send children politicians not adult politicians.
We are children of the peaceful nation. We are children among the children. The house is too poor. We are not miniature adults who are like shiny washed pebbles. Just like the freshly opened sweet potato, which smells of dirt, because they smell of the dirt, they are children who smell like heaven (Matt 18:1-7). Children’s sickness results from tightened breaths and nerves so sensitive that they cause numbness. Thus, though they laugh, the tips of their lips laugh. Though they cry, the tips of their eyes dribble. When they are angry, they grit through their teeth. Though they fight, they only scratch with their fingernails and toenails. They scratch their anal passage, but due to the substantial dead skin cells, they only cause a slight wound.

They have lost their true nature. They became small, shallow and narrow. In order to stop this, we must shake the whole body so that the residue in each and every cell may be pushed out, and all the nerves that have become numb must be loosened so that they may become soft. The best way to do this is to laugh with all of one’s might. This is a laugh that must explode from the roots of life.

Believers, seeds of the Word! Birds can act as birds when you free them into the air and the fish as fish when you free them in the ocean. Likewise, human beings must be entirely freed in life in order to become a real human being.
Children can become my companion in the sea of affection, because they know neither good nor bad. I can become their companion, because I have already become sick of power, money, scheming and falsehood. Let us forget each other in the eternal light, in the sea of life.
It has become the deep of night. The rain is falling outside the window. The sound is noisy as if the rain is hitting against an old wound. If we had the composure in our hearts to lend our ears to the sound of the night rain, would our society have become so rough, fierce, cruel, and dirty? If it weren’t for politics that look at people not as people, but as tools for power and money, would we have lost the composure of our hearts? (Looking at the movement to cleanse societal evil…)
I want to tell the politicians who cry, “Resolute! Resolute! Heavy punishment! Heavy punishment!” about the sound of the night rain. When else can we see singing and dancing
overflowing on the streets like today? At the same time, when have the people’s hearts been so fierce?
The loud speakers of the radio and television are proof that the people’s hearts are not at ease. If the hearts were at peace, then the people would lend their ears to the sound of the stream and the rain, not to popular music.
A politician who works without knowing the laws of the people’s hearts are like those who row without knowing the flow of the water. If you cannot force your child to act like a human being by coercion, then even more so the people of the nation. Allow the people of the nation to hear the sound of the night rain. Then, governing will become automatic. Then, they will surely ask, “Will the communist attack cease when the night rain falls?” However, that time is unspeakable. There is no answer. There is only calm. “The LORD shall cause your enemies who rise up against you to be defeated before you; they will come out against you one way and will flee before you seven ways (Deut 28:7; Exod 14:13-15:27; 23:22, 27; Lev 26:7-9; 2 Sam 22:38-41, Ps 18:17-40).
Seeds of the Word! I am not trying to lecture you on politics. This is because we are the ones who will save life and history until the end.
Politics is for politicians not for a shepherd. A shepherd gives his life for his sheep. This is because whether I live or die, it is my country.
Although politics may go wrong, it cannot uproot the stump. Even though fire sweeps over everything, what is left is the nation’s stump. I speak to you about the sound of the night rain so that we can water the stump and revive it.
Become a companion of the heart to those who have become felons and victims to forceful politics. This is the water that revives the dead stump.
God loved us so much that He sent His only son to this earth and made Him become a sacrifice on the cross. With this love, let us all become of one heart and love this nation as we love our own bodies. If we do not make enemies, but live with faith that acknowledges and comforts one another, then we can live.

Senior Pastor Abraham Park

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…