LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

There is None to Pursue the People Who Draw Near to God (October 1982 issue)
 글쓴이 : 관리자

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered
or come to mind" (Isaiah 65:17).

It is darkest before daybreak and the mother cries out in torment as the labor pain is at its fullness just before giving birth. The eye that reads "History, today, and the face of the day" and the living souls awake in love for the One to come know well the meaning of the suffering that pervades these mountains and rivers today. The suffering that suffuses this earth today is the labor pains of history undergoing contractions. How dreadful is the process of childbirth! Yet, the face of the mother illuminates with overflowing joy and love and unfailing hope through it all. This is the image of the living souls. They have already completed preparations to give birth long ago. The son that this woman will give birth to is the seed that has been planted in God’s love, the life that has been nurtured in the wisdom of God. Thus, he is clearly the son having the image of God. For Korea is “our truly blessed and beautiful nation, an eternal nation of God,” the mother in her overflowing joy and fervent love does not shy from the toil of labor.

However, there are also many harlots of history right now. They, too, labor because the fullness of the time has come. One day, when she frantically tries to satisfy her filthy desires and greed as on any other day, the childbearing pain abruptly rushes in. In fear and pain this foolish girl shoves pain killers into her mouth. Just as the seed in her womb is her own secret, she is aware of her own sin. From the actualities of the sins committed yesterday and today, the form of this child soon to be born is evident. Just the thought of it is dreadful. She says, "Forget it. It's better to die ignorant of pain." This girl fails to have any sort of reason, hope, or strength to endure the pains of childbirth. Therefore, in her astounding ignorance she stubbornly chooses complacency until the end, when the death comes upon her and her unborn child. Ignorant and lackadaisical women! If you fail to repent before it is too late, you will not be able to avoid the judgment of history which repays you for your actions.

Now is the eve of God, immediately before the dawning of the morning of a new history. On this day when the labor pain begins for the womb that is due, what kind of mothers should we be? The seeds of life eagerly await the day when everything that was hidden is fully revealed to the heaven and the earth, and God’s justice that reaps what is sown is proclaimed. This bitter darkness of today surely seems despairing and bleak in human thoughts. However, the seeds of life believe solely in the Word of God that states, "Light shall shine out of darkness" (2 Corinthians 4:6). Since God said, "The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord, searching all the innermost parts of his being" (Proverbs 20:27), may we the living souls become the lamp of the Lord and shine the light of eternal life, the light of God upon this nation and her people. On that day, Korea will also become the lamp of the Lord, an eternal nation that shines light upon the world.
But, what matters is this: how have the people of this nation drawn the face of their own nation in their hearts? The people without a vision will certainly perish. The eyes that are unable to read the true face of Korea in the light of God's Word will all become the harlots of history. The most dreadful sin before the Lord is not the darkness itself that is shown outward, but the thoughts of unbelief, the hearts of despair, and the words, "everything is wrong!" If we just lay before God all the sins and flaws we have held until now and tear our hearts in repentance, this nation will greatly arise. God will lift this nation and make them the light of the Lord that shines upon all nations on this earth. We can do all things through Him who gives us strength. Let us believe.

Seeds of life, my earnest desire is that we would embrace the amazing vision of Korea in a fervent love for this nation and continue to cry out in repentance before God on her behalf until the break of dawn! God will answer quickly, greatly comfort Korea, reveal Himself clearly to each and every heart of the people, and bring a new morning of the resurrection of the nation.

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem for rejoicing and her people for gladness. I will also rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in My people; And there will no longer be heard in her the voice of weeping and the sound of crying. No longer will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his days; For the youth will die at the age of one hundred and the one who does not reach the age of one hundred will be thought accursed. They will build houses and inhabit them; They will also plant vineyards and eat their fruit. They will not build and another inhabit, they will not plant and another eat; For as the lifetime of a tree, so will be the days of My people, and My chosen ones will wear out the work of their hands. They will not labor in vain, or bear children for calamity; For they are the offspring of those blessed by the Lord, and their descendants with them" (Isaiah 65:17-23). This is the true image of the nation that is in the Lord. We must have faith in this if there is to be a resurrection of the people of this nation.
To the living souls whose chests are puffed up with hope in looking upon the skies that are imminent with daybreak, all tribulations that cause darkness upon our hearts today are but the hopeful prelude that announces the radiant morning of the Lord.

Our calling, the duty of the seeds of life today, is this alone: to show the true face of Korea to the sons of this nation so that all her people would grasp on to the vision of the nation's resurrection and fervently love their country. This is our duty. Let us remember that the blessed tribe prophesied in the bible is Korea?the tent that God dwells in and the tribe of Shem (Genesis 9:26-27). The Lord proclaimed that, "The kingdom of God will be . . . given to a people, producing the fruit of it" (Matthew 21:43). Therefore, I believe that Korea will become the people producing fruit.

There is none to pursue the people who draw near to God.
Jacob's two sons, Simeon and Levi, killed the tribe of Shechem because their sister Dinah was violated. In fear of the tribe of Shechem, Jacob prayed to God and He answered, "Go to Bethel!" If we, too, obey God's command of "go to Bethel!" Korea will be in absolute safety. To go to Bethel means: ¨? to draw near to God, ¨? to be at the place of experiencing the power of God, ¨? to build an altar of thanksgiving, an altar of supplication (vow), and an altar of praise to God, and ¨? to come to the place where all idols are burned and destroyed. When they did so, “there was a great terror upon the cities which were around them, and they did not pursue the sons of Jacob" (Genesis 35:5). Poverty, sin, disbelief and fear pervade this land. Though all the spirits of darkness try to engulf this nation, when the people of faith pray, God protects this land and this people in His great power. There is none to pursue Korea which God protects.

Reverend Abraham Park

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…