LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

The one entrusted with a calling will be blessed in coming in and going out
 글쓴이 : 관리자

Deuteronomy 28:6, Psalms 121:3-8

God is God of faith. The universe was created by faith. First man Adam fell after disbelieving God’s words just once. From this, both man and creation became weary.Even the earth lost its master and became weary. Without faith everything is worthless. While you may boast, “I’m from a family with generations of Christian believers,” “I pray a lot,” or “I do much benevolent works,” but without faith they are all worthless. Such deeds will be undeserving of even 1 out of 100 points, with 100 points being the perfect score. The reason I began that introduction with “faith” is to encourage you to have faith in the following word.
“He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber” (Psalms 121:3).
God, who protects you, will not slumber even for a moment. When we believe in this word we shall never perish. Isn’t Our God so trustworthy? God is on our right side to guide us, speaks to us, and walk with us. Wherever we may go, we should never think, “I’m going by myself,” or “I live alone.”
“The sun will not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul.” (Psalms 121:6-7)
Even when we are working or managing our businesses, we should not say to ourselves “I doing this.” Things will go well only when God is with us. Hence, we must pray, “I do not have any wisdom or knowledge.
I have no understanding. I desire to be Your partner.”
“The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever.”
(Psalms 121:8)
How grateful we are to receive these words! This is the blessing of going out and coming in. You are blessed when you go out and come in. Going out and coming refers to “exit and enter,” “coming and going,” “going back and forth,” “all activities and movements,” “official duty and activity,” “king’s sovereign actions,” and “all kinds of daily matter.”
If you leave but cannot return due to an accident, then you have not received the blessing of going out and coming in. Likewise, if you cannot go out due to an accident after coming in, then you have not received the blessing, either. Once you go out, you must come in; once come in, you must go out. God has promised that He will protect our going out and coming in eternally. Therefore, brethren, pray whenever you go out, “God, I believe in the words of Deuteronomy 28:6 and Psalms 121:8. Please protect my going out and coming in.” Pray and believe in these words whether you take the train, bus, or drive.
From birth until we enter His kingdom, “going out and coming in” are the basic movements for the living. In a single day, we repeat countless going out and coming in. You leave your house then you enter your office and leave to the restroom. We will continue our going out and coming in throughout our entire life. That is why it is important to have peace as we go out and come in.However, many times this is not the case. Israelites returned to their land after 70 years in Babylon, but they were not able to rest and sleep in peace due to the foreigners who occupied the land. Bible records that the Israelites were engulfed with fear because of violence and falsehood that made life difficult.
“For before those days there was no wage for man or any wage for animal; and for him who went out or came in there was no peace because of his enemies, and I set all men one against another.” (Zechariah 8:10).
When a debtor receives a call, he says “tell them I am not around” and prevents his family from leaving and secures the door. His going out and coming in is not at peace. Our life would seem short even if we were to live in peace for full 70 years; but how many of those years would actually remain as years in peace when we subtract all the ill years in our life? Brutality and crimes are rampaging through the world such that we find no ease unless we fully secure our doors. There are many people who go out for an appointment but never return. In times like this, what greater peace and happiness would there be if someone promises to protect our going out and coming in?
“Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.”
(Deuteronomy 28:6)
God will protect the going out and coming in for those who believe in Jesus’ redemption and have an important duty and mission. He will make us successful (Proverbs 10:24, 1John 5:14-15, 2:28, 3:21, 4:17). Our life is at peace when God holds us during our going out and coming in. Our heart is at peace, full of laughter and we can digest well. “He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouting.” (Job 8:21) When God guides the going out and coming in then our face is brightened. It will glow. When we meet old time friends, they will ask, “You must have something great happening to you, your face is glowing.”

Going out and coming in of Moses and Joshua
Moses did not enter the land of Canaan because of the one-time sin of disbelief. At the age of 120 years, before he died he offered his prayer to God. He prayed, “I will die; Israelites became a sheep without a shepherd. I prayed for this congregation, protect them, and lead them in their going out and coming in. Lord now I die, may you appoint Joshua to take this role. May he go out and come in before them so that the people are not a sheep without a shepherd. (Numbers 27:16-17). How wonderful was his last will and testament. When we leave this world, should we not make our will and testament to be “God lead my descendants’ going out and coming in,” instead of arrange such that “my firstborn will receive this mountain, and second son will take the field. . .”? When you pray like this, God will bless the going out and coming in for you as well as your descendants.

Going out and coming in of Caleb
When Joshua, Moses’ successor, conquered Canaan and divided the land, Caleb did not ask for his vested rights to the land. Caleb was one of the two people from the first generation to enter the land of Canaan. He was an elderly man at the age of 85, yet he spoke these words to Joshua:
“I am still as strong today as I was in the day Moses sent me; as my strength was then, so my strength is now, for war and for going out and coming in. Now then, give me this hill country about which the LORD spoke on that day, for you heard on that day that Anakim were there, with great fortified cities; perhaps the LORD will be with me, and I will drive them out as the LORD has spoken.” (Joshua 14:11-12)
Caleb asked for the unenvied mountainous area where strong enemies were residing. His actionstopped all complaining from the leaders of his tribe. He met Moses at the age of 40, and even after 40 more years have passed, he confessed that he had the same strength. God listened to his prayers and wiped all the enemies from that land. Regardless how harsh the valley is, how high the mountain is, when we believe in God, He will guard our going out and coming in. He will transform the valley and mountain to be blessed. Caleb believed this and received his blessings just as he believed.

Going out and coming in of David and Solomon
While Saul was king, the people loved David’s going out and coming in.
“But all Israel and Judah loved David, and he went out and came in before them.” (1 Samuel 18:16)
When the people saw David they loved him, looking far out and saying “he is coming” and “he came in and left.” Solomon took the reign as king after David and offered the first sacrifice at Gibeon. When God asked Solomon what he wanted, he did not ask for gold and silver; he asked instead, “Now, O Lord my God, You have made Your servant king in place of my father David, yet I am but a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in (1 Kings 3:3-12) and “Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people, for who can rule this great people of Yours?” (2 Chronicles 1:10). He received unprecedented blessings.

Going out and coming in of Jesus
“Therefore it is necessary that of the men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us.” (Acts 1:21)
God, the master of going out and coming in, came to this earth and walked with mankind by going out and coming in together. This is truly mysterious word. However, Judas Iscariot?who walked with Jesus for 3 years and followed Him many places in and out?never received the blessing of going out and coming in. His blessing was transferred to Matthias who did not walk with Jesus for 3 years as he did. Brethren, may we walk daily with Jesus! May we come in and go out, walking together with Jesus to church and back to our home. We shall never think that we are alone; we are walking with the Lord.
Although we haven’t really believed until now, if we just heed to these words and believe from this day on, we would be blessed whether we come in or go out with prosperity in all things. Hence, we no longer need to worry when our children go out. God is on their right side. Let us teach them, “God is on your right side.” They may not believe it now, but they will believe it as time passes by. Truly, we must pray for our children. When we go out and come in with Jesus, our spouses become lovelier than ever. Our children will obey and show filial respect to us. Hope arises. You will receive the blessing of surrounding olive trees. A greater blessing than making several millions of dollars is to understand God’s word and find peace and serenity without any worry. Most importantly, you will receive greater blessings than compared to worldly wealth. What a gratifying life that would be!

Jesus is with us. “Immanuel” means God is with us. (Matthew1:21-23). Wherever we are Jesus is with us. Because of sins, man is filthy and has a stench, but still Jesus does not turn away from us. Sin is a dangerous toxin. What kills mankind is sin. It is more dangerous than lye and poison. Jesus came to fundamentally resolve our sins. He is working with us. Word became flesh and dealt with us (John 1:14). Therefore, we too must not let go of Jesus regardless how difficult or how poor we may be. Do not say “I do not have any money to eat and everything is messed up. What can Jesus and church do for me?” When things get difficult, we must pray even harder, for God will hold onto us. He will bless with not only what we asked, but He will open the heavens and bless hundredfold (Deuteronomy 28:1). When Israelites as well as His disciples deserted Jesus, God stayed with Him until the end. When Jesus heard Peter’s boasting that he would stay with Jesus until the end, He prophesied that Peter would deny Him 3 times before the rooster crows. Jesus believed that God will be with Him. (Matthew 26:31-34, 56, John 8:16)
“Behold, an hour is coming, and has already come, for you to be scattered, each to his own home, and to leave Me alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.” (John 16:32)
Brethren, although our lives may have been shut up in all four directions with repeated failures, insecurities and darkness to this day, the moment we hear the word?“God is with us!” “He keeps us when I go out and come in, wherever I go!” “God who is with us will neither slumber nor sleep!”?and believe with a thankful heart, those very words will all be accomplished in our lives.
Jesus said: “And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him.” (John 8:29)
What pleases God the most is faith. While Abel passed away, his faith is speaking to us (Hebrews 11:4)
Enoch received the testimony that He pleased God (Hebrews 11:5).
“And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6)

All mankind needs guidance
God walked with Israel during the 40 years in the wilderness. He guarded them against cold, skin disease and cancer. The people slept comfortably and when they woke up, their daily food manna was laid on the ground with dew. Manna contained all the nutrients and the Israelites who consumed it for 40 years were healthy. They were full of energy and bore many children in the wilderness. The pillar of cloud guided their movement during the daytime, and during the night, pillar of fire warmed the people in the wilderness with spring-like weather. These people journeyed in the wilderness, so where would they find blankets? Under God’s protection, they had no need for blankets. When the people craved for meat, God sent quails. He even provided a fog of water in the dry desert so they would not be thirsty. Their shoes and clothes did not wear out. They did not sweat even after walking all day long.
Even now God is guiding us as we live in this wilderness. When the Aramean army came after Elisha and besieged Dothan, Elisha prayed to God and when he opened his eyes, he saw greater number of horses and chariots of fire all around him (2 kings 6:17). Not only does God guard our going out and coming in, but He also mobilizes the heavenly angels to protect our family and business. We are truly blessed people. God guards us like the pupil of His eyes. Who will not blink when someone attempts to poke his eye? That is how God is guarding us (Psalms 17:7-8, Deuteronomy 32:10) God guards us with His rod. “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalms 23:4) Rod is a tool used to shepherd the sheep. In the early morning, the grass is covered with dew. The shepherds use the rod to beat off the dew on the grass to make a way. They strike the ground with the rod to terrify the nearby snake or animals to flee away. Thus, the rod guides our steps and we can rely on it when we are tired. When it becomes difficult to get up, we can push ourselves up by firmly pressing onto the rod. (Psalms 89:32).
Brethren,
Pyungkang Cheil Church is a church that God guides. It has received the blessing of going out and coming in. It will not face any harm. Apostle Paul escaped many dangers to his life during his ministry. Forty people bound themselves not to eat or drink until they killed Apostle Paul (Acts 23:21). Apostle Paul did not sleep and did not eat; was dressed in rags, starved, received 39 lashes five times, beaten with a rod three times, fell in the sea for a week and nearly died, faced dangers in the wilderness , dangers and threats from his countrymen (2 Corinthians 11:23-33). It is impossible to read through the scriptures without a tightening in your heart. However, he did not fear. He did not flee away. He was determined to continue because he believed “God will guard my going out and coming in.” Instead he comforted his congregation members.

“Strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying,
“Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:22)
I pray for the congregation at all times. I believe that the saints are also praying for their ministers as well. How blessed is our church! I have not slept for more than three hours daily. I pray for you more than you pray for yourselves. False pastors want to be served and do not pray for the congregation members. Our pastors do not expect to be served when they conduct house visits. This is because we believe that it is wrong for the ministers to be served when congregation members work hard in this world and have suffered. After entering the house, they pray for the family and leave. Then they would get a quick bite to eat on their way back.
Brethren who have received such great blessings of going out and coming in! I bless in the name of God that all of you will see to the end of the world and stand before God as the central figures of God’s word. God said He will make us into a new threshing sledge, no matter how much the forces of evil surge against us. None can harm us.
“Do not fear, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel; I will help you,” declares the LORD, “and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel. Behold, I have made you a new, sharp threshing sledge with double edges; You will thresh the mountains and pulverize them, And will make the hills like chaff.” (Isaiah 41:14-15)
Even when thousands of evil forces were to attack, they can’t move a believer. God has called each and every one of us by name and inscribed our names on His palm. (Isaiah 43:1, 49:16). I pray in the name of the Lord that we ascribe glory to God by giving thanks for the blessing of going out and coming in.

A sermon from the second service on October 11, 2011

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…