LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

2011 Biblical Redemptive History Academy
 글쓴이 : 관리자

2011 Biblical Redemptive History Academy

The Biblical Redemptive History Academy sponsored by the Association of the Bible Conservative Reformed Churches and Organizations is currently being held in Pyungkang Cheil Church in Oryu-dong, Seoul.
Since August 22nd, pastors from all over the country have been travelling long distances to listen to the History of Redemption series lectures every Monday. Out of the 80 participants, there is a person who travels back and forth 8 hours from Buan, Jeonbuk Province. An evangelist from Gwangju, Jeonam could not get hold of a KTX ticket so he earnestly prayed “I must go to the seminar, please.” He ended up meeting a passenger who was going to cancel his ticket and, therefore, was able to attend the seminar.
Perhaps it is because the people gathered with pure passion to learn about the History of Redemption series. From 1:30pm when the lecture began, there is not a single person who is late or falling asleep during the lecture when it is the sleepiest time of the day after lunch.

“Can’t believe I am hearing this Word! I am refreshed”
On the first day of the four week course on the Genesis Genealogies, the lecture began with the verse, Deuteronomy 32:7. The lecture examined the importance and significance of the three commands, “Remember the days of old,” “Consider the years of all generations,” and “Ask your father, and he will inform you, your elders, and they will tell you.” Here, the study focused on the important flow and characteristics of the genealogies of Genesis within God’s redemptive administration.
“The length of Adam’s genealogy in Genesis only takes up one page. Why is it, though, that it was recorded as ‘Sepher (book) Toledoth (genealogy)’? This is because the vast history from Adam to Noah was compressed into one genealogy. Therefore, to the people who understand the divine administration of historical redemption, it is regarded as a book. I believe that to all of you here, this will be a genealogy book.” “Amen!”
Perhaps it was because the participants had attended previous History of Redemption seminars or read the series at least once, the standard of the lectures was considerably high and yet the lectures flowed smoothly. When calculating the generations or listing the genealogy after Adam, you could feel the level of concentration rising and there were participants who already knew and answered about the generations.
This kind of environment was possible because the seminar opened at the ministers’ voluntary request of follow-up seminar. There were numerous participants who had been recommended to the seminar by the other ministers who had attended previous seminars and said that “the message is something you must hear.”
Pastor K came to the academy for the first time, through the introduction of another leader who participated in the Biblical Genealogies seminar last October. As the lectures continued, so did his astonishment.
He said, “I thought that Adam faded away from the Garden of Eden; I never once thought that he passed on his faith to his descendants during his 930 years of life.” He expressed how impressed he was with the seminar: “It is incredible. The other pastors are only scratching at the surface. Here, the true pearls of the Word are being given.”
Pastor A, who is currently ministering at Incheon said that he came to the academy with certainty that it was a place that would give the best standard of the Word. This was after he prayed in regardsto Pyungkang Cheil Church and received the answer that “it is a place that gives the gospel on the level of graduate studies.”

He also reflected upon a dream where many people were gathered around delicious food while he, himself, had nothing to eat. Also, he prayed for a seminar for non-affiliated pastors and it was answered accordingly. Therefore, he was determined that he would participate in this History of Redemption seminar.
Additionally, there was a case in which a newcomer invited the pastor of his previous church who, in turn, invited another pastor.
Pastor C says that he prayed for ten nights to gain true understanding after spending an entire day reading the 2nd book as he could not take his eyes off it once he picked it up from his bookshelf finally. He said he prayed for ten days for an ability to understand the Word. He knew that he must receive the Word well because he can preach only when he has the Word. That way, his church can grow or become according to God’s will.
On the first day of the Academy, there was a heavy downpour of rain after the lecture. People received such grace that some asked for plastic bags because “the books must not get wet” and went home clutching the books to their chests. Also, at the end of every lecture, there were remarks such as “I am refreshed and happy,” “didn’t my countenance change?” and people were talking about how Reverend Park had been hit by ‘jealousy’ because he writes such books. One day, someone had heard a pastor on a Christian broadcasting channel talking about how “the construction period of Noah’s ark was 120 years” and picked up the phone to tell him his sermon was wrong.
The Biblical Redemptive History Academy has finished its 3rd week of lectures. Every week, the content of the lectures are being distributed to those who want the files when the four-week course on the Genesis Genealogies is over. The lecture material will also be compiled in audio format and will be distributed.
Although this kind of systematic curriculum and textbook have their advantages, what truly moves the hearts of these people is the Word.
“Ephesians 3:10 says that God will show His manifold wisdom through the church. I hope that you will become churches that realize God’s mysterious administration.”
Within the fervent heat of grace, the 80 pastors cried out “Amen!” in unison.

History of Redemption Kindles the Fire of Revival
Sharon Church, Pastor Ahn Ho-soon (Seoul, Dunchon-dong)

How did you come to the Biblical Redemptive History Academy?
I went to the Biblical Genealogy Seminar held last October in Yeoju Pyungkang Cheil Conference Center, the Book Launching Thanksgiving Service of the 6th book and the summer conference in August. I am currently ministering in Buan, Jeonbuk. A sister of one of the elderesses at our church is Elderess Geumja Yoon. One day, the Eldress came to visit her sister and dropped off the first and second books of the History of Redemption series. I had been frustrated even after reading the Bible, so the joy I felt when I came upon this book is inexpressible.
When it came to the prophesy that “the covenant of the torch will be accomplished in four generations,” I had always calculated it to be 400 years. It never occurred to me that it was the four generations of faith from Abraham to Joseph. The books contained material you won’t learn elsewhere. Ever since then, I have been coming here as often as I can to study the History of Redemption series. When I come to the lecture, I finally realize things I did not fully understand although I read and reread the 6th book several times.
As we learned in today’s lecture, although we constantly peruse the Bible, we all tend to think that Adam reached his end in the Garden of Eden but the truth is that he lived to the time of his 9th descendant, Lamech. This was a great shock and I felt that, until now, I have only been reading the Bible superficially. I am ever grateful that I have now been given this realization.

How is the History of Redemption Seminar different from the usual seminars?
In the past, the seminars covered individual topics but this time, I think that people can gain better understanding because they can study systematically, right from the introduction in the first book. It will be easier for the people who come to the academy.
However, with the History of Redemption, it is easier to learn and gain understanding when you are a person who reads the Bible on a daily basis, have a certain thirst for the Word, and read the Bible with determination to become God’s faithful servant. It is difficult when you attend without having read the Bible.
What I mean is that I, myself, have read the Bible over and over but have not become fully immersed in it. However, after I read this book and listened to the lectures in the seminar, I felt going into the depths of the Bible. I cannot express how happy I am about this. I am truly full of joy.
I felt refreshed and satisfied when learning about the construction period of Noah’s ark. It can be known from studying that: Noah already had three sons and daughters-in-law when he received the command to build the ark, it had not been 100 years from the time Noah had Shem at age 502 to the flood judgment at age 600, and when you consider the time it took for all his sons to get married, gaining Noah’s daughters-in-law, the construction could not have taken more than 70-80 years. At that point, I learned to read the Bible more clearly and gather the facts together. I learned how I should look at the Bible. Although I have been preaching to this day, I have done it without knowledge. Now that I preach with certainty, I, myself, am moved by grace and there is power in my testimonies.

Some say that they face difficulties when preaching the History of Redemption to their congregation. What is it like for you?
It is hard when I try to preach the History of Redemption. While I knew I had to somehow teach this to the congregation, I had no idea how to do so. Although, I kept reading the book, I could not fully take it in. So when I came to listen to the seminar lectures rather than study the books alone, things started to fall in place. About two months ago in the Women’s Evangelists Seminar, I felt a spark within me. In this way, I have moments of realization when I go to lectures. Then, three weeks ago, I started summarizing the Genesis Genealogies. I need to meet the standards of my congregation and because we have older age groups, we must research according to our conditions. First, I must receive this Word, digest it and start making food with it. Therefore, I must participate in the lectures more diligently. In this sense, I am extremely glad that this seminar has been opened so that ministers can learn with more ease.

Was there anything that changed your ministry after you came upon the History of Redemption series?
Although I read the Bible front to back and no matter how many times I read it, whenever I came upon numbers, I tended to skip them so there was no cohesion of facts. However, I have now become accustomed to writing down numbers and putting them together in my head whilst reading the Bible. Now, I can hit the mark. If you want to know what Moses did, you should ask Moses. It is reading the Bible accompanied with the Holy Spirit. In this sense, I feel myself becoming immersed in the Bible. If I had been reading the Word with my eyes until now, I am now entering into the Word. I am so happy.
Although I have a small church of roughly 30 people, my sermons have been based only on the Bible. However, now there is more spice in my sermons. Strength, too, has been added.
The response of the congregation has changed. Now, the children like it more. Middle school and elementary school children gain realization that “God really does exist.” When the sermons are over, a certain 6th grader always says “I know what you’re talking about.” We have that kind of child. I am certain that he will never fall away from faith.
Sermons must truly be based on the Bible. Therefore, I am extremely thankful. If I ever have the chance to meet Reverend Park, I want to give him my highest regards. I truly respect him. He has saved me by writing a book full of things I had never realized before. Until now, I have been a dead shepherd. The saints of Pyungkang Cheil Church are truly blessed people.

Writing ? True Peace, Interview Team

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…