LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

Time and Opportunity to fulfill God’s purpose
 글쓴이 : 관리자

Time and Opportunity to fulfill God’s purpose
Ecclesiastes 3:1

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven (Ecc 3:1)
Here the word “time” in Hebrew is eth ? this is not speaking of natural time. This time is not made by man. This time is given by God to man. “Appointed time” in Hebrew is zeman, it is the opportunity. It is something that man forges as he lives in dependence upon the Word of God. Man needs to grab the opportunity presented from God’s grace. Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 6:1-2 repeats Isaiah’s words (700 BC) that he prophesied after receivingit in the glory of God.
And working together with Him, we also urge you not to receive the grace of God in vain for He says, “At the acceptable time I listened to you, and on the day of salvation I helped you.” Behold, now is “the acceptable time,” behold, now is “the day of salvation.”
Isaiah 49:8 records, “Thus says the LORD, “In a favorable time I have answered you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you; And I will keep you and give you for a covenant of the people, to restore the land, to make them inherit the desolate heritages.”
When God grants you grace, accept it. If you do not accept it, He will turn away from you. When you receive God’s grace, He promised He will listen to your prayers. If you lose this favorable time, you will regret throughout your life. Therefore, God gives man “opportunity” in order to give you “time.” Opportunity is that critical moment or event in fulfilling a work. As displayed in 2 Corinthians 6:1, God works with us; He grants us the opportunity to give us time. Therefore we should never let go of the opportunity He has given us. “Time” consists of the works where God’s intentions are established. Also, it is an event that is unfolded through believers. It is an event where redemption is achieved through God’s grand rules and what was hidden becomes visible. Hold onto the time and it will result in an opportunity.

“I will make them and the places around My hill a blessing. And I will cause showers to come down in their season; they will be showers of blessing.” (Ezekiel 34:26)
“They do not say in their heart, “Let us now fear the LORD our God, who gives rain in its season, both the autumn rain and the spring rain, who keeps for us the appointed weeks of the harvest.” (Jeremiah 5:24)
Genesis 2:2 states “By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done” ? Time can mean ① a section or point in time ② a certain time ③ a certain situation.
First, there is God’s time. There is a time that God has promised (Exodus 7:5). Christ came at the fullness of time (Galatians 4:4, Isaiah 40:7). Jesus said to His mother during the wedding at Cana, when the wine ran out, “My hour has not yet come” (John 2:4). This is when Jesus returns (Acts 1:7), and it is the Lord’s Day (2 Peters 3:8, Psalms 90:4). It is time of judgment (1 Peters 4:17), the everlasting time when kingdom of the Lord will be established (Revelations 11:15, 22:5)
Second, each day is sectioned. The Bible records about “early dawn” in the following manner: “Then on the seventh day they rose early at the dawning of the day and marched around the city in the same manner seven times; only on that day they marched around the city seven times” (Joshua 6:15).
The record about “Night”: “God called the light, day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day” (Genesis 1:5).
“Morning” is described like this: “In the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and was praying there” (Mark 1:35).
The Bible also records about “midday” (Nehemiah 8:3) and “midnight” (Exodus 12:29).

Prophet Isaiah said “the smallest one will become a clan, and the least one a mighty nation. I, the LORD, will hasten it in its time” (Isaiah 60:22). We must seize this opportunity when the smallest one becomes a clan. We must seize the golden opportunity, the most effectual opportunity. If we don’t let go of the time or lose the opportunity, then our names will be written in the book of life. We shall enter the eternal world. Reading Revelations 21 brings tears to our eyes. Only God can wash away all of our sins (original, inherited and personal). The blood of the cross cleanses our sins which cannot be forgiven even if everything in this world was sold in their place (1 Peters 1:18-19). No matter how rich you are, or if you graduated from an elite university, if you do not believe in Jesus, then it is worthless. However, even if you are uneducated and materially not well off, when you believe in Jesus you are the greatest being. It is a blessing among blessings to believe in Jesus. However if you do not hold onto the time and opportunity, God said “they are not my people and not my inheritance” and the curses are recorded in the Old and New Testament of the Bible, if anyone’s name is not found written in the book of life, then he is thrown into the lake of fire, (Revelations 20:15) this is terrifying.
“Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, in due time their foot will slip; For the day of their calamity is near, and the impending things are hastening upon them.”(Deuteronomy 32:35)

When Time and Opportunity Coincides
‘Opportunity’ is time allotted for mankind. It is a spiritual time. It is a time that was allotted for an event. If you are going on a trip, you take a shower and change your clothes ? the time to prepare, the time to coordinate, and the time to outline the details are the opportunities.
‘Time’ is with God, it is a qualitative time. As it is time in God you need to grab onto it. You can’t let go of it. There is a time for everything; time to sow, time to reap, time to enroll and time to complete your study. Time is in God’s sovereignty, opportunity is in man’s sovereignty. Simply, time is God, opportunity is man. This time and opportunity & God and man are to be one in faith. When you receive the word, when you are filled with the grace then you can be one. When this time and opportunity coincides then history is made and culture is born.
God has given us time, if you do not hold onto this time then your works are in vain. All your effort, time, and money are in vain if God has not granted you the time. Therefore, you need to hold onto the time and transfer it into an opportunity.

“Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘This people say, “The time has not come, even the time for the house of the LORD to be rebuilt.” (Haggai 1:2) Israelites complained “Do you think we have time, how can we build the church?” When God heard this, He said “These people spend lavishly on the house for their family and for themselves but are stingy when God’s house is leaking with rain and the door is about to fall off.”
They did not take the time to build the temple as an opportunity but wasted time and brought calamity onto themselves. God waited for 3 years, but they did not listen. In the end, Assyria’s army attacked the Israelites taking away their reaped crops and plundered the families. This is recorded in the Bible.
They did not take the time to build the temple to transfer it into an opportunity instead they focused on worthless worldly events and turned them into an opportunity. God gave them early and latter rain (Jeremiah 5:24) but they did not give thanks. They did not depend, fear, believe or give thanks to God. Instead when they saw the rain, they said to themselves “it should stop soon”. If there is no early and latter rain then there is no harvest no matter the effort from the farmers. God gave the best things to man, but man did not enjoy it and had the mind “if God wants to give it to us then give it, if not then don’t”. This became an awkward event for God.

Time of David and Saul
David had two opportunities to kill Saul who had chased him for 10 years. David’s subordinates said “it is an opportunity” to kill Saul when he was sleeping in the cave of Engedi. However David said “How can I kill one that God anointed” and did not kill him (1 Samuel 24:1-22, 26:1-25). While it was an opportunity, David knew that it was not his time. God did not grant it and He listened to David’s prayers. David did not despise or kill Saul. God saw David’s heart ? it was a very good heart.
David was a great and wise leader. He was a man of faith. He believed in God with awe and fear. If it was not God’s will, he did not speak of it or go near it. He did not consider the works of history impatiently. During his 10 years of flight from Saul, David believed “God has a plan for me”. He waited for that time. He did not struggle or sin seeking fame by thinking “I can be king if I kill Saul.” David did not let go off the time and opportunity. He waited for God’s time, the time that was allotted for him in order to transfer it to an opportunity. He believed when God’s allotted time and the opportunity from it coincide then new works will be born. He prayed, “God! When the time is allotted for me, let me transfer it into an opportunity and establish your will.”
There is time for all works and there is an opportunity for all mankind. “Now is the time of grace” then you need to take the opportunity to receive the grace. “Now is the day of salvation” then do not think of the future, as soon as you hear it then repent. When you repent it is an opportunity. Without any repentance it is futile to receive the word couple of times, you will also lose the opportunity to repent.
Saul lost the time that God gave him and gave up the opportunity. He believed “I am king, I can do anything that I want.” He chased David using the nation’s power and eventually the Philistines attacked him and his three sons ? leading to their death. God chose him as king from the smallest tribe, Benjamin. Saul did not treasure the opportunity to be the king instead he threw it out. Eventually, Saul’s time and opportunity passed into the hands of the enemy. Time and opportunity of a good day was turned into a day of his death. He could not save his children; he lost the time and the opportunity and resulting in death for his entire family.

Prophet Elisha and his servant Gehazi
Gehazi followed Naaman the captain from Syria after Elisha healed him from his leprosy and asked for the presents in secret, afterwards Naaman’s leprosy passed onto Gehazi. This was a time of grace and not a time to receive presents. Instead Gehazi resisted the grace and sought after his greed. He did not wear the clothes or enjoy the presents he received but faced failure in his household.
When you believe in the time and opportunity, it will bring good works. But when you don’t believe, then it brings bad works. Thus says the LORD, “In a favorable time I have answered you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you; And I will keep you and give you for a covenant of the people, to restore the land, to make them inherit the desolate heritages.” (Isaiah 49:8)
A man has joy in an apt answer, and how delightful is a timely word! (Proverbs 15:23)
Door of opportunity is open when you face the right time. Brethren, no matter how much you suffered in this world, how much unfairness you faced, had a bitter heart and had a lack of clothes to wear ? be comforted there is an righteousness that no one knows and understands that will create an opportunity for us to stand before God with beautiful clothes made from blood of the cross and fine linen. The life on this earth is only a blink of an eye when you compare it to God’s eternal time. Do not strive to grab onto this earth, it is only a flash that passes by. Take the time to know that God is your life, salvation, time, and grace. Paul said “I have nothing but I have everything.” He knew that God created this universe by His word. I bless you that you believe and give thanks that by God’s words there is a universe, heavens and earth, early and latter rain.

Timely Word
A man has joy in an apt answer, and how delightful is a timely word! The path of life leads upward for the wise that he may keep away from Sheol below. (Proverbs 15:23-24)
Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances. (Proverbs 25:11)
The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of disciples, that I may know how to sustain the weary one with a word. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear to listen as a disciple. (Isaiah 50:4)
Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. (Colossians 3:1-2)
For her house sinks down to death and her tracks lead to the dead; None who go to her return again, nor do they reach the paths of life. (Proverbs 2:18-19)
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself. (Phil 3:20-21)

Philippians 3:20-21 gives us the hope of transformation, avoiding death. We are freed from the dark world of Satan (Acts 26:18, Colossians 1:23).
Brethren pray like this, “God, help us to hold on to the time You have given us and transfer it into an opportunity, so that until we enter heaven, we can receive Your grace, understand Your Word and establish Your works. Only You are my refuge, my life in all, may you become everything in my life. God hold onto me as all my time, everything I have is placed in Your right side. Until we enter heaven, may we not lose our family, our sons and daughters You have given us, our husbands, and our wives by offering thanksgiving and may we be satisfied and not be lacking in our lives. We ask You to place us in your bosom.
Brethren, be healthy. When you receive God’s grace, you will not be ill. God created man with the eternal nature. Eternal God created man to live with Him. However, sin entered and death came in the midst of our weakness and by our disobedience. However, when we believe in Jesus, we will be transfigured physically and spiritually (Philippians 3:20-21). 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 states “But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory.” Death will be alarmed when it comes to take us. Isaiah 25 prophesies death will be eternally annihilated. God’s heavenly world and celebration will be held.
Through my years of ministry, with my bare hands I have taken care of the funeral preparations. A shepherd is like a parent. I have worried and cared for them as my own children. I have treated them like a living person. I did not think of them as dead. Do not believe they are dead.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”(John 11:25-26)
I bless you that you will hold onto God’s time and transfer it into an opportunity in order to receive the blessings, give thanks wherever you are. Live a worthy and vibrant life by believing you will not die but will live eternally by the power of the cross.

Wednesday Sermon, August 24th 2011

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…