LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

“Witnessing what a Bible-centered church is like” (JUNE 2011)
 글쓴이 : 관리자

I met two pastors attending the seminar in the Shalom Coffee Shop at the Yeoju Pyungkang Che-il Conference Center. It was an unplanned interview. Strangely, although it was the first time that I met them, they looked familiar. It was probably because of their expressions. They had expressions of joy and happiness that people would have in a banquet as opposed to the usual guarded and sharp expressions observed by many foreigners. Therefore, this journalist decided to have a conversation and not an interview, since people do not have ‘interviews’ with people they know.

How they came to attend the conference.

Rev. Nam-chul Ryu
(Head Pastor at Segyero Church in Pusan of the Presbyterian Church of Korea): Recently, an old friend from my elementary school sent me the entire History of Redemption series and let me know about this seminar. I could connect with numerous areas in the first book, The Genesis Genealogies, and many of my questions were answered. I decided to attend the seminar as I thought that it would be very helpful to me. I anticipated that I would gain deep understanding of the genealogies that are so difficult to preach on and so easy to lose the perspective of redemptive history. It was my first time at the conference and I had never been to Pyungkang Cheil Church, but I was soon drawn into the seminar because the History of Redemption Series was so biblical. I decided to attend the conference because I believed that I would benefit greatly if I only thought of the Word of God. I only got to read the first book of the series because it was the pastoral visitation period but I still wanted to come to the conference after reading just that one book.

How was the conference?

Rev. Nam-chul Ryu: Time and time again, it has been a blessing. In seminary, I only learned that Cain and Abel’s offering to God was a blood sacrifice. Through the seminar, my curiosity was completely satisfied as I learned the reasons why Abel’s sacrifice was accepted and Cain’s rejected. I appreciated the most the part about the service. I also had many questions about the exegesis of the Genesis genealogies by matching them with world history, but they were once again clarified through the author’s outstanding explanation.

Rev. Min-suk Jang (Head Pastor at Love Abounding Church in Pohang): It has almost been a year since we established the church. I had been in a spiritual thirst. I received the fifth book of the History of Redemption series from my brother-in-law, Namchul Ryu, who also suggested that we go to the conference together. Remembering who Rev. Yoon-sik Park was, I finished the fifth book in a day and a half. After reading it, I felt “oh wow, this is really new.” I could only express myself with the word “ah~.” As an associate pastor since the establishment of the church, I did not once mention anything regarding the genealogies of the Bible after the establishment of the church and in seminary. I never learned about the genealogies of Chronicles. When people challenged me to give evidence on the claim that Noah took 120 years to build the ark, I could not answer them with certainty. After finishing the History of Redemption Series, I thoroughly perused through Pyungkang Cheil Church’s website for two and a half hours. I believe that God has called me to fill me up spiritually.

What was the purpose for God’s callingyou to this place?

Rev. Nam-chul Ryu
: I am praying that our ministry will be Bible-centered and Word-centered. During this time, God showed me what kind of church is a Word-centered church. I felt that “this is right!” God showed us how the congregation changes and grows when only fed the Word of God. I received courage and strength whilst thinking that “the direction of the ministry I was praying and wishing for was the right one.” It was a phenomenon in which I could confirm how the congregation is transformed when nurtured through the Word of God. I felt that “the Holy Spirit led me here.” The parts where the Bible was interpreted only with the Bible were such a great blessing. I marveled at the way certain parts of the Bible were revealed in sermons and was very thankful that those parts were backed up with the Bible and not through human thoughts or assumptions. In order to interpret the Bible, there needs to be biblical evidence. I was extremely grateful for the lecture as it contained biblical evidence that transcends human thought or beliefs. While reading the History of Redemption series, I felt that this book was not written through the meditations or thoughts of the pastor but through the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit.

Pastor Min-seok Jang: Missionary Joanna Lee’s lecture was especially amazing. The 90-minute lecture felt as if only 30-minutes had gone past. It was so easy to take in. As I looked at the chart of the calculations of the years, my eyes were opened. I realized that there is no period in the Bible when nothing happened. Also, the congregation of the Pyungkang Cheil Church was tremendous in itself. They had deep pride in their pastor, church and their bible studies.
It was the first time that I had seen congregation members speak about their senior pastor with tears in their eyes. I was able to witness a phenomenon in which the Word of God changes a person and drives the person to work. I saw congregation members feel freedom in the Word of God and witnessed living waters come forth from their hearts. I discovered the fact that there is a pastor who demonstrates that kind of life. I gained hope that I would, too, be a pastor like that and, if I have the opportunity, I would like to attend the next seminar with my wife.

written by Myung-seong Kang

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…