LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

「The Eternal High Priest of the Covenantal Oath」Commentary_ Dr. Young-Yup Cho (MAY 2011)
 글쓴이 : 관리자

Commentary The most effective guide to open
the spiritual eyes to the Bible

Dr. Young-Yup Cho(Missionary, The Independent Board for Presbyterian Foreign Mission founded by J. Gresham Machen)

History of Redemption Series - a unique book series title
Dr. Abraham Park uses the word “redemption” rather than the more commonly used “salvation.” His choice of word is very meaningful. Generally, the word “salvation” in Greek is soteria (salvation, deliverance; Luke 19:9; Acts 4:12; 2 Thess 2:13; 2 Tim 3:15; Heb 2:3). On the other hand, the word “redemption” is lytrosis or apolytrosis which are words that reveal even the specific means of salvation (Matt 20:28; Luke 21:28; Rom 8:23; Eph 4:30; Heb 9:12).Redemption means that Jesus Christ has saved those who have been chosen before the ages from sin, Satan’s authority and death by giving Himself as a sacrifice. Therefore, Dr. Abraham Park’s choice in naming his book eries History of Redemption was the proper choice and it reflects its biblical, Calvinistic and orthodox conservative theological position.

In this book (6th book), Dr. Abraham Park...

1. The high priest can only come from the descendants of Aaron out of the tribe of Levi. So how was it that one can come from the tribe of Judah? This scholarly problem has been clearly resolved for the first time in history. In other words, the question is, “how is it that the eternal high priest Jesus Christ can come from the tribe of Judah, a tribe that has never officiated at the altar, and not from the line of Aaron from the tribe of Levi?” Dr. Park has now shown through the Bible that this was fulfilled by Jesus coming according to the order of the eternal high priesthood of Melchizedek.

2. The author has taken the vast 77-generation genealogy of the high priests that spans from Aaron all the way down to the destruction of Jerusalem at the hands of the Roman general Titus in AD 70 and neatly organized it for the first time in history.

3. In regard to the garments of the high priest, the author has broken down the misconceptions and incorrect traditions that has been passed down until now and has accurately depicted the high priestly garments through the Bible.

Besides these, Dr. Abraham Park has excavated precious gems from the mine of truth and contributed immensely to the global Christian and theological world.
In recommending this book, I would like to add some remarks in the hopes that an appropriate evaluation of the author, Dr. Abraham Park, take place.

Correct evaluation of Dr. Abraham Park
1. I believe that Dr. Abraham Park is a servant of God who is fully dedicated to prayer, meditation of the Word, and careful reading of the Bible.
In the second book of Dr. Park’s History of Redemption series, the author says in his foreword, “I am only a sinner greatly indebted to our Lord’s great love and the gospel of the cross (Rom 1:14). For this reason, I prayed and vowed in my heart 47 years ago to pray for at least two hours and read the Bible at least three hours each day. By God’s sovereign grace, I have prayed and read the Bible to this day without missing a single day. Moreover, if there is anything that has been accomplished through this insufficient servant, it is not something that this 80- something sinner has done; I confess that it was all the Lord’s doing”. This confession of the author suggests much to all of us.

2. I believe that Dr. Abraham Park is a servant of God who maintains a Calvinistic, orthodox conservative Reformed faith. Dr. Park stated in the foreword of the second book in his History of Redemption series, “I have exerted all my efforts in maintaining the orthodox faith by continuously studying Calvinism and the Reformed orthodox theology taught by my predecessor of faith, Dr. Hyung Yong Park.” Dr. Abraham Park has rejected Neo-evangelicalism, Liberal theology, Neo-Pentecostalism and all kinds of other heresies and guarded the orthodox Reformed faith. Moreover, the fact that they use my volumes (the entire collection of systematic theology by Dr. Youngyup Cho) as textbooks in their seminary is a certain attestation that the confessional and theological position of Dr. Park, Pyunkang Cheil Church and their denomination is Calvinistic, Reformed orthodoxy.

3. I heard from his congregation members that Dr. Abraham Park does not have his own personal bank account. He is a man of true financial integrity. The author states in this current book’s foreword, “Human beings are mere sojourners who have nothing to call their own here on earth. We are just a vapor that's here a little while, then it's gone. We are here for a short moment, like a passing shadow that disappears without a trace (1 Chr 29:15; Jas 4:14; 1 Pet 2:11). But afterwards, there will certainly be the judgment of God (Rom 2:16; Heb 9:27; Rev 20:12-13). ”The words," conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth," rings true in his heart.

I believe that Dr. Abraham Park’s sixth book in the History of Redemption series is truly the most effective guide to open the spiritual eyes to the Bible and establish a Word-centered Reformed orthodox faith for the Korean pastors, professors, seminarians and even the laity. That is why I strongly recommend this book as a must-read for all.

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…