LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

Redemption Series Book 8The Fulfillment of the Covenant of the Torch Author’s Foreword
 글쓴이 : 관리자

The more I read the Bible,  the more my heart fills with joy and  happiness.

Spring comes with its green sprouts breaking through winter’s frozen ground and embroi-deries of azaleas and forsythias; summer brings its scorching sun yielding thick shades; autumn colors the world with golden rice paddies and the hills covered in red foliage; and when the last of those leaves have fallen one by one, winter blows its fiercely cold winds and white snow will freeze the ground all over again. The continuous changes of the four seasons, spring, summer, autumn, and winter are reminiscent of the changes in our lives.
I lived through the Japanese occupation and fought in the Korean War and almost lost my life on many occasions in my teens and twenties. It seems like only yesterday I experienced the hunger pangs through the years of national poverty, but I am already almost ninety years old and at the twilight of my life. My heart automatically becomes somber before this short and transient life. My heart is evermore touched by the words of the author of Ecclesiastes, “I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind” (Ecclesiastes 1:14). However, we who have faith have hope. Jesus gave us eternal life and the inheritance of heaven as a gift. Only Jesus who shed His blood on the cross on our behalf in order to complete the work of redemption is our living hope (1 Peter 1:3) and the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).    
The history of redemption is founded upon God’s decree from before the foundations of the world. The history of redemption is the entire history of fallen mankind’s redemp-tion through Jesus’ death and resurrection?all according to God’s decree. God’s history of redemption advanced continuously without ever ceasing regardless of man’s rebellion, unbelief, and all sorts of interferences from Satan.
The chain that successively links God’s history of redemption is God’s covenant. His cov-enants and their fulfillments ensure a continuous progression in God’s work of salvation from one era to the next. While being integrated into the structural framework in the history of redemption, the covenants were newly ratified in every era. Many covenants were ratified including the promise of the seed of the woman in the garden of Eden, the covenant with Noah, the covenant with Abraham, the covenant with Isaac, the covenant with Jacob, the covenant on Mt. Sinai, the covenant in Moab, the covenant with the priests, the covenant with David, the salt covenant, the new covenant with Jeremiah, and the cov-enant with Ezekiel.
Among all the covenants, the covenant of the torch in Genesis 15 acts as the backbone of the history of redemption. I have written about the covenant of the torch and its fulfillment in the second book of the redemption series, The Covenant of the Torch. However, I was regretful that the limitation of writing space prevented me from expounding on the topic in greater detail. I am only grateful for the chance to reorganize and supplement the contents in greater detail in the eighth book of the redemption series, The Fulfillment of the Covenant of the Torch. This book can be considered the sequel to The Covenant of the Torch with close examinations on the fulfillment of the ten plagues, the process of the Exodus, the wilderness journey, and the entry into Canaan?all from the perspective of the “land.” Although there are detailed Biblical accounts of the Exodus on the night of the fifteenth day of the first month in 1446 BC ( Jewish calculation method) until Israel’s arrival in the wilderness of Sinai on the first day of the third month (based on Exodus 19:1 in the original language), the exact dates and events in each of the sites during that journey were uncertain. However, it is by God’s sovereign work of grace that those details were clearly organized in this book. If the readers read the second and seventh series of the redemption series, The Covenant of the Torch and The Eternal Covenant for All Generations: the Ten Commandments, before reading this book, their spiritual eyes will be opened to witness God’s work which fulfills all His promises without fail. They will surely receive conviction in the victory of God’s sovereign grace. 

God led the israelites who have been enslaved for 400 years out of Egypt in order to fulfill the covenant of the torch. It was impossible for Israel to become free from the oppression of Egypt, the most powerful nation at that time. However, God performed miraculous signs and wonders in the form of the ten plagues in order to bring the pharoah and the Egyptians into complete submission so that He may fulfill the covenant of the torch. The almighty Lord God who pronounced the ten plagues upon Egypt to lead the Israelites out is the eternal God of the covenant who works within us and our lives today.
Even in this generation, God protects His people with His mighty power by overcom-ing all the forces of evil as powerful as Egypt and the pharoah which oppress His people.
The God who pronounced the ten plagues upon Egypt is also performing living miracles through His great power in order to save His saints from the unrighteousness and op-pression of this world. At the end of this world, the God who judged the gods of Egypt through the ten plagues will also judge the gods of this world including materialism, greed, humanism, and syncretism.
I searched through many writings from the theologians of the world in order to accurately reveal the timing of the ten plagues but was unable to find clear answers. I was only able to find few works that stated that the ten plagues took roughly a few months. However, I am truly grateful that?through God’s amazing help and the great illumination of the Holy Spirit?I was able to organize the whole process of the ten plagues from the beginning to the end with exact dates through diligent research using only the Bible as my reference. I am greatly humbled by the fact that God chose a simple and foolish person like me for His work.
Truly, my life has been an endless string of hardships and tears. I underwent fatal defama-tion by specific people due to unjust misconceptions. However, God led me into the Bible through the sufferings and tears. I struggled through prayers to find out the true meaning of each Word I encountered in the Bible. As a result, I was able to taste the living water from God’s spring and meet the long-awaited rain of God’s blessing. Psalm 84:6 states, “Passing through the valley of Baca (Baca means ‘the Tear’ in Hebrew words) they make it a spring; The early rain also covers it with blessings,” I was able to experience these words in my life. The more I read the Bible, the more I studied the Bible, how my heart was filled joy and delight ( Jeremiah 15:16). By the help of the Sovereign God, I was in awe of the grace of Jesus Christ and the mysteries of the gospel, and spiritually, I lived each day with overwhelming gratitude. God has poured down upon me the blessing of being able to wit-ness the amazing world of the Word of God in the Bible coming alive and moving about as if watching a movie.
I had written to capture the grace given by God on manuscripts all this time, but now as the contents on the old, faded manuscript from decades ago are organized and supple-mented to become a printed book, I am just deeply moved. A book greaty helps us to un-derstand the author’s unified ideology. With spoken words, there is the possibility that the listener may misinterpret the speaker, but books can accurately deliver the intentions of the author to the reader so that there are no misunderstandings. I earnestly hope that this the History of Redemption series will facilitate proper understanding of the path of the Bible-centered conservative reformed faith that I have pursued to this day. I also bring my two hands together in earnest hope that this book, despite its shortcomings, can be beneficial to the history of Korean Christianity in small and great ways and become a good guide to the readers who love God and truly seek to understand the Bible in depth.
Lastly, I would like to express sincere gratitude toward the faithful hands that have helped organize and edit my manuscripts and bore the pain of one giving birth to a precious child.
God led the Israelites out of Egypt and guided them to the selected land (Ezekiel 20:6).
Even today, the kingdom of heaven, the land that had been selected by God from before the foundations of the world, has been prepared for all the saints (Matthew 25:34). I ear-nestly pray that all the churches around the world, the bodies of Christ, will overcome the raging waves of sin and keep the faith, so that they may all enter the eternal kingdom of heaven that has been prepared by God (2 Timothy 4:7-8).

October 3, 2013
On a sojourner’s journey to heaven,
A small member in Jesus Christ,
Rev. Yoon-Sik Park

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…