LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

Spreading the History of Redemption series is my calling in life - promises of theologians from Indonesia
 글쓴이 : 관리자

Indonesia is the second nation next to the US that hosted the most History of Redemption series seminars. With the world’s fourth-largest population (250 million), fifteenth-largest territory, and sixteenth-largest economy, the nation is rapidly growing as an engine of global economy. In this country where 88% population are Muslims and only 5% Christians, the first to fourth books of the History of Redemption series were published in the native language. Seminars held in major cities also received sensational responses, a shock even to the hosts of the seminars. There are even those who take a step further by paving the ways to spread the History of Redemption series.

“Indonesia will change drastically when you teach her the history of redemption. I am absolutely sure about this.”
Susanto Dwiraharjo is the dean of Baphis Theological Seminary of Indonesia, a renowned school in the capitol city, Jakarta.
Ever since reading the History of Redemption series, he told himself, “I shouldn’t be the only one to know about this.”

What did you gain from reading the History of Redemption series?
I became convinced that the Bible is not about fairy tales or myths but everything is reality and factual. Rev. Abraham Park proved through his books that the Bible is inerrant. I really felt that I shouldn’t be the only to know about such truth. So, I have been making my students read the books and summarize them. They present their own summaries, based on which they are graded.
Their reactions are phenomenal. They all explode in their amazement and say, “I want to meet the author to thank him.”

What do you think about the author?
I feel that God is using him as His instrument for the end time. Through him, I believe, God is unraveling His mysteries in the Bible that have never been revealed before. I am ever so thankful that I live in this generation so that I can learn all about them. He has a complete grasp of the Bible.
On this visit, I’ve learned about humility from watching him speak and act out of his love and care for his congregation, staffs, and ministers. I truly believe that he is the apostle of this generation.

What is your impression of this year’s Summer Conference?
I am greatly impressed with the humility of the pastors and evangelists; they take the head in tough work, sleep in tents to yield their lodgings to the congregation, and are exemplary in serving others. All the facilities, events and cleanliness are so amazing as well.

What roles would the History of Redemption series have in Indonesia?
Indonesia will change drastically when you teach her the history of redemption. Those who did not love the Bible will come to love His Word, and their lives will also change. During my prayer in the Engedi cave, I realized that I must teach the History of Redemption series not only at the seminary but also at other assemblies and organizations.

“Have you been there? I have. I guarantee it.”
I had a pleasure of meeting again the couple whom I had met two years ago. President Budiyono Gatut and Pastor Esther Subijanto?ever since reading the History of Redemption series?have been special friends of Pyungkang Cheil Church since 2011. Sati Theological Seminary under President Gatut’s leadership is one of the five best theological seminaries in Indonesia, and Pastor Esther is a noted preacher.
Having a powerful human network in leadership positions in Indonesia, they are making great contributions in spreading the History of Redemption series.

Pastor Esther ? When I came here for the first time two years ago, I cried a lot and I was utterly amazed. I realized that the redemptive history cannot fail, and I was filled with admiration for the history of God’s work. I am shocked again this time at the congregation who attentively listens and takes notes during the lectures, which are as difficult as the lectures two years ago. But, this time, I understood a secret behind all: Rev. Abraham Park takes away the distance between God and the congregation, just like the way the congregation in the Old Testament directly listened to the voice of God. With his teaching, the Bible is no longer just ancient stories; it becomes God’s living Word for our very lives today. New Jerusalem or the world of transfiguration is no longer an abstract world; because he teaches as if those worlds have already come into our lives, believers come to yearn for those worlds even more. It finally occurred to me, “Ah, that’s why the congregation here is overflowing with such vitality!” When I listen to the words about the wilderness journey, those incidences in the wilderness seem to be happening in my life right now. Just as in the days of the Old Testament, I feel as though I am standing face-to-face with God.

President Gatut ? There are much more attendees this year than there were two years ago. How thankful this is! What’s more, I am so shocked and thrilled to see Dr. Bruce Waltke and Dr. Warren Gage here, for I have heard so much about them. Whenever the History of Redemption series seminars are held in Indonesia, I telephone people to invite them to the seminars. At first, people were unwilling. I would say to them, “Have you been there? I have. I guarantee it.” Such oppositions are no longer seen today, and many people are aware of the History of Redemption series.
At the Bible School in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia two months ago, I taught the genealogies and recommended the audience to buy and read the History of Redemption series. The students ? most of whom were pastors ? all purchased the books; some bought even ten copies.

Pastor Esther ? Whenever I go on a national tour to preach, I find motifs from the History of Redemption series and deliver them in sermons (Pastor Esther is a famous preacher. She is so popular that her agenda is already fully booked for the whole year). Audiences exclaim “Wow!” in their amazement. At the end of the sermon, they can take their copies from the stacks of the History of Redemption series in paperback. So far 5,500 copies were circulated in this way. Although my
sermons on the History of Redemption series aren’t as perfect as those by the pastors at Pyungkang Cheil Church, I try my best to organize them on my own to preach. I believe that my calling is to make those who listened to my sermons read these books. I humbly ask the saints at Pyungkang Cheil Church to pray for me that God will endow me with the strength and wisdom to become the blessed channel to spread the History of Redemption series.

Reporter Ho Joon-seok, from Yeoju

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…