LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

“Even if our whole body were a mouth” - The newlyweds: Elder Jang Kang and Cho Jung
 글쓴이 : 관리자

August 6, 2013. On the second day of the summer conference, a wedding ceremony was held at Moriah Sanctuary. It was an unprecedented wedding ceremony, held between the History of Redemption lectures. In front of people who had been attentively taking notes in full of sweat, beautiful brides and grooms appeared. The wedding ceremony?which Jesus compared to the kingdom of heaven?unfolded right before our eyes. It was another lecture on the history of redemption when the officiant said Jesus, husband, and wife should become a chord of three strands in building together a family of strong faith. These newlyweds sang a very special song in both Korean and Chinese languages. As Groom Jang Kang and the Bride Cho Jung sang this special song, all congratulators from different countries were deeply moved to tears. Introduced here is their heart-warming song of thanksgiving.

She wanted to go to church
December 1, 2011. The first time Jang met Cho was for his business. The business meeting was finished in thirty minutes without any result. When they departed, the man who had introduced Cho said she wanted to go to church. Jang sat down again and talked to her about Jesus and Church for two hours.

When they met the second time, Cho asked him about the Bible. For next three hours he explained about the Bible starting with genealogies of Genesis. “We are trying so hard to race in our life; without knowing God, however, it is a race to death. If we go to God, we can reverse the direction of our path and race toward eternal life.” And lastly he introduced Pyungkang Cheil Church in Korea to her. “It is like my home and there is a pastor who saved my soul.” By that Cho cried, saying she wanted to go to that church. This was how this young lady who used to be a big fan of Korean food, culture and Bae Young-Jun [a Korean actor] came to meet God.

He wanted to go to PyungKang Cheil Church
Jang met God through his friend. The friend told him a story about an elderly pastor in Korea who saved his nephew and asked Jang to come with him to meet the elderly pastor’s disciple who was staying in China. That friend is Yopie, who was appointed this year as an elder with Jang.

And the following year, on January 2007, he visited Pyungkang Cheil Church for the first time. He was very surprised to see Senior Pastor and all the other pastors carrying bricks and laboring at the construction site of Yeoju retreat center.

The elderly pastor whom he had wanted to meet said “You should pray for whatever you do. It will be done not by men’s strength but by the strength of God Father.”

Was it because he was a big guy? The elderly pastor then told him to carry those heavy bricks and lap around the retreat center. Being out of breath only after running half way around, he stopped.
He then realized that the Yeoju retreat center was not being built by human strength. Furthermore, he didn’t imagine that one day he would be married in the snow-covered sanctuary that was being built right there and then. That visit became a turning point for Jang’s faith.

During the wedding ceremony, the couple sang a song of thanksgiving.
He had always enjoyed listening to Korean praise songs for quite some time now, although he didn’t fully know their meanings. One day while he was driving, he was so touched by one song and stopped the car and listened to it very attentively. Later he found that the song expressed: “Even though my whole body were a mouth, I cannot tell Father how thankful I am to Him.” This song that the couple sang on their wedding was not a congratulatory song for their wedding; it was a song of thanksgiving to God the Father.

Since April when they began preparing for their wedding, they practiced and listened to the song in both Korean and Chinese over hundreds of times. “The Word of God brought us together, and His grace led us to our marriage at Yeoju. While we were thinking about what we could possibly do to return the favor and grace, we decided to express our heartfelt gratitude through this song.

The reason I love him
Jang comments, “The wedding ceremony was really inspiring but it is passed now. Compared to the grace I have received, what I have done is so little. Now I need to raise my faith more in order to serve the pastor better, to work harder, and to take care of the church members at the church in China. I have sworn my loyalty. A man who is loyal to God doesn’t forget his first heart.”

The seed of God’s Word has already been sown in China. There will be a big spiritual revival. After listening to her husband’s pledge, Cho responds, “I love him because he is so loyal to Father with all his heart. I am moved by his faithfulness, and I love him all the more.”

Yeoju_ Reporter Kang Myung-Sun

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…