LOGINㅣ SITEMAPㅣCONTACT US
참평안♥천하보다 소중한 당신에게 보내는 하나님의 편지

HOME > Top Stories  

From Mount Sinai to Mount Zion Report of the 2012 Summer Conference
 글쓴이 : 관리자

How Moses would have shed tears during these four nights and five days! The 2012 Pyungkang Cheil Presbyterian Church Summer Conference (at Yeoju Pyungkang Cheil Conference Center, July 30 -August 3) was a dedication and honor offered up to Moses by the saints living in the end times. It was a time of witnessing Moses?as the man of integrity and sincerity who climbed up and down the barren 2,291 meter rocky mountain eight times, and as the leader of benevolence who risked his life in undergoing a 40-day prayer fast followed by a 40-day period of intercessory prayer.
Amidst the record-breaking blistering heat during this holy summer of 2012, some 10,000 domestic and international congregation gathered at Yeoju were rather grateful for the heat. They were able to share somewhat in the suffering that Moses had to endure physically on Mount Sinai.

There is a difference between salvation and redemption. When someone jumps in to “save” a child drowning in water, it’s a moving story. That’s a happy ending. That child might be thankful to that person and even go seek him out once or twice after the child grows up. However, if someone leaves his own son to lose his life in order to save a stranger’s son, we cannot say that such a story is just “beautiful.” This is a story filled with tears. This is a story that can’t be forgotten and will not ever be forgotten. That is salvation paid by a price, in other words, redemption. The four nights and five days of great epic of redemption begin.

Head Pastor Yoo, Jong-Hoon stated, “We said last year that it was the greatest conference, but this year is exceptional once again. The hearts of the congregation and their lifestyle have taken one step further.” There were 17 two-hour-long lectures, and none of them was a lecture with “a moment to rest.” The finest wine with 100% purity was constantly served. The four nights and five days flew by us as if we were dreaming or intoxicated. If you follow the path of prayer from the foot of the mountain, you can see the remains of an abandoned mine. Yeoju Pyungkang Cheil Conference Center is founded on an old gold mine. We have struck the vein of 37,500 biblical blessings from this place where our ancestors once gathered gold. How difficult must it have been for the workers to mine? Our gold mining is not easy, either, though. We must rise no later than 5 o’clock and sleep no earlier than midnight. Still, we are happy. From the prescription for the deeply ill mankind to the individual prescription for each of us are all given during these four nights and five days. It is a precise diagnosis that pries further to reveal the diseases that were hidden deep within unbeknownst to me. The prescription reveals in detail where, what, and how to fix myself. There cannot be any reason not to come.

This year’s lectures are previews to the seventh book in the History of Redemption series, “The Covenant of All Generations, the Ten Commandments and the Tabernacle.” Every time a volume is added to the History of Redemption series the length, width, height, and depth of our understanding of the Bible take quantum leaps. To say that the ground of understanding of the bible has expanded is to say that our ground of understanding the creation of the universe and the society of humans has expanded. This year’s conference is a great exploration of the process of God placing Moses as the mediator in making the Sinaitic Covenant with the Israelites, as well as of the content of that covenant?the Ten Commandments and the Ark of Covenant?in great detail. It is just like Indiana Jones who left in search of the lost ark (The Adventures of Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1981 Hollywood film).
The tabernacle and the ark are Jesus, and they are me, myself. The principal of the universe lies in the structure of the tabernacle and Ark, the complicated and bored parts which used to make us dozed off while reading the Bible. Moreover, the Sinaitic Covenant holds all of this and it progresses to the Covenant of Mount Zion. Could I even fathom these things?
Missionary Park, Nam-Soon’s confession, "Why was I such a blind after having read the Bible so many times? I beat my chest," was ours as well.

"The unfolding of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple" (Ps 119:130 NASB).
This word "simple" means that we must be "simple." When God tells us to act, we act. When He tells us to come, we come. When He says that yogurt ice cream is good all we have to do is eat it. The conference is just like that. It's to put aside our will, our plans, and to commit our body and heart into God's flow. The natural mineral springs, healthy meals, and cold showers experienced at Yeoju are the secrets to a healthy lifestyle as recommended by high-technology medicine ("Clean," Amazon.com bestseller in the Health section). Is this all? The entire life of the saint must be "simple." These four nights and five days are practice to that.
In last year’s Summer Conference Report, I wrote in admiration of the Middle School students,, “The children’s perseverance is a great wonder.” They were different this year once again from last year. Despite the sweltering heat, the children never sighed in grumbling. Amidst the children were “young teachers” who would massage the tired children’s shoulders or straighten their backs. However, I found out later those “young teachers” were actually the senior year middle school students. The children were radiant and bright from beginning to end. If anything, they flowed along more naturally in God’s current than the adults. There were many fanning themselves during the lecture. Upon closer examination, the direction they were fanning in was towards the person in front or to the side. The senior students were fanning their juniors who were enduring the heat. “Man, who are these children?”
Congregation from nations throughout the world came together in one heart and one motion during the praise and prayer night. God came in the form of man to this filthy world and opened the great construction of redemption. In this amazing and incredibly surreal drama of His, we somehow bewilderedly have become the main characters. Can Jesus’ genealogy be the only record of God’s tears? Each of our individual lives is also a record of God’s tears.

It was the moment that the Bible phrase of which I’ve asked “Can it be?” at last dug deep into my heart. “How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron’s beard, down on the collar of his robe. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore” (Ps 133).
This is the sixth year that the summer conference was held at Yeoju. Finally, the verse etched upon the rock I would pass by has been etched into my heart. The beauty of the heavens, the image of joyful God, the laughter…
Prior to the summer conference, the finale of the opening ceremony of the London Olympics was moving. People from the six great continents united in one heart as they sang Paul McCartney’s “Hey Jude.” I wondered perhaps that their flawless faces could be the very image of this earth once healed by God. But, the model that came a bit closer to Heaven was actually right here. These were the four nights and five days during which brothers and sisters unified in living and loving together in God’s never-ending love were the assembly of the first-born. The confession of “This is heaven” (Dr. Kang, Shin-Taek) is the common reminiscence for all those gathered here. Upon the end of the summer conference, my 8 year old daughter has begun a 365 day countdown to the next conference. That’s right. Another year has been given to us. Aaron, Nadab, Elihu, and the 70 elders ate and drank with God in an unprecedented feast. They testified that they “saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky.” And they were called “nobles” by God. However, not even 40 days after this they created a golden calf and betrayed God. Even Moses who was so faithful and gentle was unable to overcome his final checkpoint in overcoming himself. Another year has been set before us.

Written by reporter Ho, Jun-Seok

PROCLAIM 2017: A Global Conference for Preachers o…

All Reforms are Only through the Word of God

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

Absolute Thanksgiving with an Empty Heart

Special Feature: 500th Anniversary of the Protesta…

With Strength in the Work of the Lord

The Impossible Dream Comes True : All Nations Come…

2017 SUMMER CONFERENCE : Yeoju is the “source of…

“Fed Full By the Holy Spirit” : The First 2017…

Re:2017 NY Conference The Youths’ 4 Day Journey …

Beware and Be on Your Guard Against Every Form of …

“I shall be the woman of Sychar for the One Ston…